Thread: Kenai open 24 hrs.

Default Kenai open 24 hrs.

Just read this:
    From an ADF&G press release:
    The Kenai River personal use dip net fishery will be open 24 hours a day, beginning at 11 p.m. today Wednesday) through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, July 31.
    The area of the Kenai River open to personal use dipnetting remains the same. A complete description of the area open to dipnetting, along with harvest limits and permit requirements, is found on pages 16 through 18 of the 2011 Southcentral Alaska Sport Fishing Regulation Summary booklet.
    The Upper Cook Inlet Personal Use Salmon Fishery Management Plan allows the department to increase the hours open to dipnetting in the Kenai River personal use
    fishery to 24 hours a day if the department determines that Kenai River late-run sockeye salmon numbers exceed 2.3 million fish. Based on in-season indicators, the department is projecting a run size in excess of 2.3 million late-run Kenai River sockeye salmon and anticipates the optimal escapement goal (700,000 to 1,400,000 sockeyes) will be achieved.
    Participants should expect to see variability in catch rates as the large pulse of fish that entered the river this last weekend has already passed through the lower river.
    Participants are reminded to respect private property adjacent to public beaches and to follow applicable rules and regulations when on lands owned by the City of Kenai.
    For more information, contact the Department of Fish and Game office in Soldotna at
    (907) 262-9368, or the Kenai/Kasilof dipnetting hotline at (907) 267-2512.

whoa. i know i wouldn't want to be dipping among other boaters @ 1:30 in the morning

Could be wild. I'll be using my sonar.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Is this for shore dipnetters as well as boaters?

Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    Is this for shore dipnetters as well as boaters?
    Yes it is.