Thread: Puting in at the bridge on the parks and floot the little Sue

Default Puting in at the bridge on the parks and floot the little Sue

Looking at doing a little float trip on the little Sue and was told that i could put in at the bridge on the Parks. I then would float the little Sue down to the landing by Point Mckenzie. Is this possible at this time of the year and take about 2 days.
    Thanks for any input.

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Sure you can float from there to there. Doing it in 2 days will be hard if your just floating. I haven't done it in a while but have been wanting to do it again also. Last time in a canoe doing some paddling it was a nice 2 nights, done on the 3 rd day. I do mostly rafts now so I know they take longer.Right now might still be good for not much big boat traffic. Thats the biggest thing to worry about in my opinion on that part of river. Lots of slow moving water but a great float/camp out.You can also float from sharock bridge north of wasilla to the houston bridge. I did that last year and should have made it a 1 night 2 days for better fun. That part moves faster and more trees and jams but lots of fun!
    Also don't launch right at the bridge in houston if you drive back just past the bar and cafe (Great food) there is a nice launch area.
    Have fun report back!

I agree. We floated it in two days but my shoulders were sore afterwords. Plan on 3 days to float it and relax a bit more.
    -JR

Thanks gents we are planning the trip when the silvers are in a bit heaver

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam