Thread: kodiak island hunters?

Question kodiak island hunters?

hello all i recentely moved to kodiak island,,bought a new mathews xt,drenalin---and want to go deer hunting can any one give me tips what areas to go,,,,,,,and is there any archery ranges around here,thanks for all replies!

Are you planning on sticking to the road system, or are you willing to charter a flight/boat to get into the more remote areas? That would help in answering your question. Also, do a search through the archives here. A fair amount was written earlier this year about hunting Kodiak's road system, and there are myriad reports of hunting Kodiak's remote bays.

-Brian

well i am going to be hunting both,,my uncle owns a good skiff,and i could use that,also he is a pilot and has good bush planes,,im just not sure what areas on the islands have the most deer any help is appreciated

Default Be nice to that Uncle

I think if I was intending to hunt Kodiak, I'd be looking for a guy like your uncle....with that kind of equipment (planes plural?) he must have some insight.

yea but we all recentely moved here,and he doesent really hunt so he wouldent know where to go,thats why i asked ,i would like to do a drop hunt but i dont know enough about this area to do it...

muzzy hunter, head down to the rocket pad, right before the 90 turn that goes towards the ocean and glass back towards shaft peak, deer all over those hills, great hike in area as well with not so much pressure. also the ridges on the west side of pasagshak bay have alot of GREAT bucks on them, miam lake and summit lake four wheeler trails have some good deer back in there as well. never seen much for deer on the north road system. but the south road system i've found sheds that would score 125 if symetrical and see some killer bucks around the pasagshak area. good luck, shoot me a pm if you get bored, i guide down in that area.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Talking Kodiak Deer????

Why I've never heard of such a thing....

Hey BRWNBR do you see many goats in the pasagshak area too? (Drew that goat tag!)
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

you drew the south road system...thats probably one of the best goat tags on the island, shoot me a pm and i'll tell you where they'll be.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212