Thread: Little Su Grayling

Default Little Su Grayling

Bout to head out to the lil su pretty soon here to target some Grayling. How is the report for Grayling on the river on the Parks area?? I would imagine that it would be hot with bows and dollies since they are following all the salmon that are flowing through.
    -Zach

I've never had much luck for grayling in the Little Su. Rainbows are around and can be good sized, caught a few dollies over the years but nothing very big. If you are wanting grayling specifically, I'd head up to Willow, Little Willow, Kashwitna, or Montana creeks. If you have a canoe, dump in Grays creek and head upstream also.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

That's what I had in mind. I just wanted to try somewhere closer to home. I think I might head up north and make my way down to willow creek. thanks

I floated the willow about a week ago and fished the mouth of Montana yesterday. The grayling were biting on dry flies at both places. Try an elk hair caddis.

Might be a stupid question, but do you keep them? I have never caught one so it would be neat to catch one

I usually catch and release them. But I know a lot of people that keep and eat them.

Can't keep them on Willow or Montana creeks. Not sure about the little su. I very rarely fish that river. I keep them when I fish other places like the Tangle lakes. IMO grayling are one of the best eating fish in AK. I much prefer them over trout any day.

Thats also right. you cannot keep them on Willow or Montana Creek.