Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whos already paid for season pass at Deska

Default whos already paid for season pass at Deska

Just wondering who got one already going to drive to the landing on Thursday and get one. Hope this year they do some up grades

Default got it

got it , she said I was the first one. I was up there snowmachining, and figured I'd better get it before I forgot and missed the deadline, I bet the will be at the sport show, they were last yr. But that is awfully close to the deadline of 4/1!!

Question Where??

I want to get one but where do I go, to the landing itself?? Anyone with a number ? Thanks

Your can go to the landing its open Thursday-Sunday. Or just call them the number is in the phone book or go to the sportsman show they will be selling them at the show.

Default Find info about the landing here.

http://www.deshkalanding.com/ lots of good info and updated most days.

Smile Deshka Landing

You can purchase you pass now at a $50.00 discount on a summer or season pass at the office phone 495-3374. The office is open 1000am to 6pm closed tuesday and wednesday, extended hours during king season. With a pass you can come and go 24/7 and gas is available 24/7. Let them know what kind of upgrades your looking for!!! If you purchase your pass at the show you also get a FREE HAT have a great season!!!!!!!!!

You can come and go 24/7 without a pass. The credit card machine is connected to the gate. Whoever decided to lay out the credit card/pass card island must've forgotten that most users are pulling trailers. That wasn't too swift.

The gas pump now has a credit card pay option as well. That's one significant improvement right there.

What does the season pass entitle a person to? I visited the web site and read about the parking and access but nothing about launching.
    If you buy a summer pass does that mean you can launch and park the entire summer for no additional charges?
    If you do not obtain the seasonal pass what fees are incurred when you go there to lauch?
    Tennessee

A pass holder isn't entitled to anything more than a day pass user. It comes down to economics. A season pass allows unlimited use for that season. If your anticipated daily fee costs exceed the pass expense it makes sense to buy the pass. If that calculation was a break-even I'd buy the pass because the pass eleminates the need to stop at the credit card gate or gate office every time in. You get a user card to open the gate so you can drive right in, as long as there isn't a line at the credit card machine. With the new automated gate there isn't room for a pass holder in the back of the line to go around the day users. That feature is a big pain in the rear. There should be a pass holder "express" lane.

The worst thing about season passes is that it allows the holder to leave their stuff there all season. Right now about 25% of the parking area is taken with snowmachines, trailers, and sleds that may not have moved for weeks. The same thing happens with boats. It looks like a bomb went off around some of the area. The landing management needs to get that under control. Maybe there should be a designated long-term parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    A pass holder isn't entitled to anything more than a day pass user. It comes down to economics. A season pass allows unlimited use for that season. If your anticipated daily fee costs exceed the pass expense it makes sense to buy the pass. If that calculation was a break-even I'd buy the pass because the pass eleminates the need to stop at the credit card gate or gate office every time in. You get a user card to open the gate so you can drive right in, as long as there isn't a line at the credit card machine. With the new automated gate there isn't room for a pass holder in the back of the line to go around the day users. That feature is a big pain in the rear. There should be a pass holder "express" lane.

The worst thing about season passes is that it allows the holder to leave their stuff there all season. Right now about 25% of the parking area is taken with snowmachines, trailers, and sleds that may not have moved for weeks. The same thing happens with boats. It looks like a bomb went off around some of the area. The landing management needs to get that under control. Maybe there should be a designated long-term parking area.
    Pid,
    There is a designated "Long Term Parking Area", but it requires another hundred yards driving or walking, so most old fogies or young brat's don't want to use it. They would rather park close to the marina, taking up spaces unnecessarily, and making others inconvienenced. Same old deal, as most feel it is all about themselves. Makes me wonder about today's society and their morality.
    The design of the gate does help to slow drivers down. This was necessary to protect those in and around the office area, as it can get busy at times.
    As a side note, the day and season passes are for individual recreational users, NOT COMMERCIAL FISH GUIDES. They have a seperate set of rules, contact the Landing Office if you are a fish guide.

So if you buy a pass you can park and launch for free all summer every time you want?
    If you do not buy the pass what are the lauch and parking fees for a daily trip?
    Tennessee

Some people do leave boats at the landing Im one of them but I park in the long term parking. I think we shouldnt be complaining so much about where people park but more about the $350 spend on the pass. For that money we should never have to launch off the spit if the launch needs dredged four times a year then they should do it. When Im driving around town it seems like every other vehicle is a pass holder and the landing hasnt realy done much in the way for improvements. The gate is about the only thing. They dont even have a base station at the landing that you could call from the cb if someone was in trouble. Just my two cents worth.

I launched there for a lot of years before there was a "spit". You just took your chances backing well out into the river hoping to find enough water to float your boat. Before the spit, during high water the current would run right through the trailer release/load area. Trailering a boat in a stiff cross current was a treat, and there was very limited boat parking. There was only enough ramp width to load or unload one boat at a time. You should be happy you have a spit!

Come to think of it, when the landing first opened we had to turn onto Nancy Lake Parkway and then rattle around some narrow, twisty, and bumpy roads to get there. It was still easier than going all the way to the Kashwitna Landing. Now you have paved roads, a big ramp, protection from the current....you guys have it made!

I still miss the old days when we'd have to go up to the Kashwitna. We had a lot more shallow navigation to deal with back then. And a lot less traffic on the river. And we did it in smaller and less reliable boats!

still debatiing on if I should
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Smile Water Depth

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Some people do leave boats at the landing Im one of them but I park in the long term parking. I think we shouldnt be complaining so much about where people park but more about the $350 spend on the pass. For that money we should never have to launch off the spit if the launch needs dredged four times a year then they should do it. When Im driving around town it seems like every other vehicle is a pass holder and the landing hasnt realy done much in the way for improvements. The gate is about the only thing. They dont even have a base station at the landing that you could call from the cb if someone was in trouble. Just my two cents worth.
    The state only lets them dredge in the spring at break up and late fall at freeze up, so no disruption to spawning salmon. As far as the low water launch they CAN NOT CONTROL MOTHER NATURE or water depth!!!!

How much just to launch and park for the day? Last time I was there it was around $50 for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    How much just to launch and park for the day? Last time I was there it was around $50 for both.
    According to an email I got from them, it was $27 for park and launch last year, and was a topic to be discussed at a meeting this evening. I'm gonna pay as I go this year and see if I use it enuff to make it worth buying the pass next year.

Talking Park and Launch

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Same as the last 7 years $20.00 to launch and $7.00 to park, if you do extended trips 2 days and single days it takes 10.5 trips to pay for itself plus you can store your boat at the landing during the season.

WOW I was way off, I could have sworn that we paid more than $27.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast