Thread: July 29th in Anchorage

Default July 29th in Anchorage

I'll probably have a little bit of time on the afternoon/night of the 29th of July while I'm in Anchorage. Any suggestions for fishing within an hour or so of town? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    I'll probably have a little bit of time on the afternoon/night of the 29th of July while I'm in Anchorage. Any suggestions for fishing within an hour or so of town? Thanks!

Ship creek is right down town. Pinks are trickling in there. Jim creek if you have a truck and eklutna, bird and ingram are all within that one hour time limit.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

You bring your boat. If so 20 mile...

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Any decent runs coming through on Bird Creek around that time? How about the Russian River, would the reds be in good then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Any decent runs coming through on Bird Creek around that time? How about the Russian River, would the reds be in good then?
    There should be plenty of pinks and probably some silvers and chums at bird by then. They are getting in there now. The russian should be full of reds but that is out of your 1 hr range as well. Its 110 miles from anchorage approximately and takes close to two hours do drive there. Its single lane most of the way and on a friday it will probably be a mad house since there are so many reds in.

I'm thinking the Russian will be worth the extra time driving. Gotta find out what the kids schedule is for soccer, then I can make my plans. Is there usually a better time to fish it? First thing in the morning, mid day or later at night?

It seems that the AM is usually better as the bright light can turn the bite down. But if there are enough fish it wont matter as much.