Thread: Short notice charter out of Seward

Default Short notice charter out of Seward

We are in Soldotna and would like to go on a charter out of Seward next week. The days we could go are Sunday, Monday or Tuesday July 24th, 25th, or 26th. We have a group of 5 that would like an exclusive. We will pay the full day fee for a 6 person charter and still be only 5 fishing. We're after halibut and lingcod.

We realize with this short notice it may be difficult to get out but if anyone could help that would be appreciated.
    Please reply to this thread or call me directly 403-850-2913. If I don't answer please leave a message.

Thanks
    Tim

I'll be fishing with Puffin Charters on the 24th for a combo trip. They had received some good feedback. Now my first choice would have been Crackerjack however they were completely booked. Not sure if you guys can get a charter on such short notice. Good Luck.

Try calling the Fish House, if there boats are full they have other captians they can put you in touch with, That being said we booked for a party of 4 and couldnt get on a boat till the 8th( although we only tried to get on Rod N Reals boat who we go with every year)( and they only have 1 boat in Seward)

Scott

Try Millers landing, they will customize a trip. Ask for Sherrie 224-5739

Tim,
    I don't want to bad mouth anyone out of Seward, I think most of the reputable charters will do there best. I have personally gone out on 3 combo charters this year but also have my own boat in Seward. The 3 I went out on did what they do - get you fish and come home. Not bad I guess but I guess I was expecting something a little different.

In addition to Crackerjack as first choice, I would move to J-Dock as well. They do own 3 boats and also book for most if not all the others (like the Fish House if they are booked up.) Ask if John's boat is open - I know he'll work to put you on fish. If he is booked up, then the others are also going to work for you. The best advice I can offer is be up front and specific about what you want to fish for... Size does matter too. If you want larger halibut - tell them, if you are happy with chickens that is what most will put you on because most people just want fish. Silvers are in now too so that will come towards the end of the trip if your doing a combo.
    J Dock Sport Fishing

(907) 224-3300
    Serving Your Area
    Seward, AK 99664.

Good luck.
    Tony

Thanks I will give them a try
    Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    Try Millers landing, they will customize a trip. Ask for Sherrie 224-5739

Tried Cracker Jack they were booked. Had a bad experience with J-Dock and captain John...he may be good but he hung us out to dry...won't use J-Dock ever again. Thanks for the response though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tzieli22 View Post
    Tim,
    I don't want to bad mouth anyone out of Seward, I think most of the reputable charters will do there best. I have personally gone out on 3 combo charters this year but also have my own boat in Seward. The 3 I went out on did what they do - get you fish and come home. Not bad I guess but I guess I was expecting something a little different.

In addition to Crackerjack as first choice, I would move to J-Dock as well. They do own 3 boats and also book for most if not all the others (like the Fish House if they are booked up.) Ask if John's boat is open - I know he'll work to put you on fish. If he is booked up, then the others are also going to work for you. The best advice I can offer is be up front and specific about what you want to fish for... Size does matter too. If you want larger halibut - tell them, if you are happy with chickens that is what most will put you on because most people just want fish. Silvers are in now too so that will come towards the end of the trip if your doing a combo.
    J Dock Sport Fishing

(907) 224-3300
    Serving Your Area
    Seward, AK 99664.

Good luck.

I will give them a try thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by goosepit View Post
    Try calling the Fish House, if there boats are full they have other captians they can put you in touch with, That being said we booked for a party of 4 and couldnt get on a boat till the 8th( although we only tried to get on Rod N Reals boat who we go with every year)( and they only have 1 boat in Seward)

Scott

Wow,
    That is the first complaint I have heard about J Dock. I will pass that on to them. One thing for sure I don't want to do is recommend someone and then hear stuff like this... If you want to PM me any specifics I would happy to pass it along.
    Tony

Thanks to all for responding. We were able to set up a charter with The Fish House so we're good to go. We will be on the Gusto with Captains either Suzy or Mike. Can anyone offer a review on their services?

Iceracer,

I went out with Suzy several years ago and she was very good. As mentioned, make sure to tell her what you are after so there isn't any questions. We wanted rockfish includeing yellow eye so that is where she took us. She did try for salmon along the way but concentrated on the rockfish.

Randy