Thread: Building the perfect woodstove

Default Building the perfect woodstove

Hello....My wife and I are manufacturing a small woodstove for small spaces. Originally designed for a 30 foot boat we lived on in the Seattle wet weather, we have broadened our scope and will aim at the green tech/off grid community. But first we want to ask you folks what you would want most out of a 55 pound cylindrical all stainless stove with a cook top and a 10 hour burn time at roughly 25,000 btu output. Let us know what fuel's you might use and how plentiful is that fuel. would you cook on it? would you want a stove to be a back up heat source, or primary? number of months heat is needed and regional temperatures. Also where would you use an appliance which is portable? boats (pleasure or commercial), cabins, rv's?
    We would like as much inout as we can get so that we might be able to offer what you need, instead of what we think you need!

Thank you for your time!

How about some pictures ???

I would love to see a small wood stove to heat and cook on. The cabin size is 16x20 with 8 foot ceilings.

Default building the perfect wood stove

You can find a picture of our prototype in our profile.
    the new stove will be released 24th August this year. Pics will be available then You can also follow our progress at http://www.kimberlystove.com this is also in construction awaiting pictures. The cabin mentioned above would be a great fit for the Kimberly which cooks, can heat domestic/hydronic water and makes the best hot buttered rum!

While I appreciate you providing information about your product, these forums require advertisers to pay to advertise their products. You can contact the admin about advertising, just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Default Hello Paul.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    While I appreciate you providing information about your product, these forums require advertisers to pay to advertise their products. You can contact the admin about advertising, just wanted to give you a heads up.
    I am hoping that it is noticeable that there is no opportunity for anyone to purchase a stove, no redirecting to a site where a purchase can be made. Once the production is further under way we will want to become paid advertisers. Alaska is a future target for us. What my purpose is at the moment is to try to gain information about what would have to happen to our technology in order to become user friendly in your environment. I realize there might be a fine line here, but we are not trying to sell at this point. Yes I do wish to gain some exposure, and as I said knowledge. Honestly I couldn't fill orders yet even if I got a cash offer. After the august 24th release date things will change. I do look forward to a conversation about how best to utilize this powerful tool to our benefit as well as yours. We realize that you need ad dollars to stay afloat (no pun intended...lol) and we will need exposure, I hope that I am not bending the line too much.....I will be careful as I don't want to be a pain in the butt. If I am asked questions regarding stats, etc. is it ok to give those out????

Roger.

Hello....and thanks for asking. We are expecting the first shipment of our newest version of Kimberly stoves by the 24th August. At that time we will be finishing our website with videos and pictures. It is our intention at that time to become paid advertisers on this site as well, so look for us as the fall approaches. Thanks again for asking.

looking at the bizarre dimensions of that stove, and considering that we burn mostly spruce up here (some mix spruce with birch), that stove would be almost worthless for my future remote cabin/house. With only a 12" cook top, that dimension would make cooking difficult too. Are you going to make a larger model??

The burn times with that thing would be very minimal with spruce, lotta waking up in the middle of the night to stoke it. With the size of the door, you wouldn't be able to stoke it with a nice big chunk of spruce. The angle and location of the door would also limit how large of a piece you could use. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think that stove will do anything for an Alaskan in the dead of winter. Is anybody else seeing this or am I just crazy?

Looking at the door, how do you even get more than one piece of wood in it at a time? Doesn't look very practical for full-time woodburning in a cabin in the winter.....