Thread: back country at Aplenglow-FESTIVAL 2

Default back country at Aplenglow-FESTIVAL 2

the merry marmot spring festival is the 17th at aplenglow at arctic valley. There will be contests (a 6k race, a skin up ski down race, a funny snowshoe race, and a beacon race), there will be beer and food, and maybe some musice (it's open mic at the moment). Please spread the word!! Alpenglow is a volunteer run ski resort and we depend on our neighbors to help out. (IE we could really, really use the cash)
    Alpenglow is a backcountry experience where you don't have to hike up! It is NOT groomed (well there is ONE groomer run that is rather skinny) but overall it is as back country as you can get. Rocks, shrubs, some dirt, and hardpack at the moment. Still it promises to be a super sunny day, and there is snow to slide on. IF you want to work on your backcountry ski/board skills, if you want to have fun, and if you want to support the ONLY volunteer run ski resort in the United States, come out to the Merry Marmot festival on the 17th!!! See you there.

Man, I wish I could be there...but I'm leaving town Friday night. Bummer. I grew up skiing Alpenglow and would love to re-connect with that mountain.

-Brian

Default Spring skiing

Dont' worry Bryan! We'll take your money any weekend you care to come up to the mountain!! It is still very, very cheap. As the weather warms up the snow will soften up and spring conditions should be fun. It is pretty skinny snow right now. So I'm hoping for a spring (march) HUGE snowstorm.