Thread: The trip is about to begin!

Default The trip is about to begin!

Well it's about that time. We moved out of our house a week ago and have been living in a camper for the past week to help acclimate ourselves to life on the road. We will be pulling out this Wednesday around 8:30am EST and starting on our journey out west, up trough the Canadian Rockies to our final destination, Soldotna, AK. I already have a couple of job interviews lined up for when I arrive and am looking forward to seeing what those hold. For those who may be interested, we have just started a blog to help explain what lead us to this point in our lives and to chronicle the events that transpire while we are on the road. You can check it out at, www.faithtothe49th.blogspot.com. Thanks again to everyone on this site who have been so willing to help! I like to think that each of you have had a little part in making this trip possible.

God Bless!

Brian M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    G3 Guy
    "...with God all things are possible." - Mark 10:27

Great stuff, Brian! I really enjoyed reading your blog post explaining everything that has led you to this move. Enjoy the drive - it is incredibly beautiful - but don't take too long, as there are fish in the river! Welcome to the state, sir.

Brian, sounds great. How did your wife ever start wanting to move to Alaska? My wife is from KY and I can't get her any farther north than Michigan. Read your blog and glad everything fell in place finally. Enjoy the trip and Soldotna. I have been there a few times and you will love it.

Mark

Have a safe journey and look forward to hearing how the trip goes.

Brian,
    At 63 I'm probably alot older then you. One thing I've learned is that if a plan is good God will step in and as if by magic all your problems will be swept aside. I've also experienced the flip side, where I've wanted something so bad that I plowed ahead even though it was as if God was placing barriers in my path. No matter how good my desire may seem, I've always and I mean always been sorry that I continued when those out-of-nowhere barriers began popping up.

It appears that you've got the green light!

May God bless you through your current journey and through your life journey!

Steve
    Tomorrow's a mystery, yesterday's history, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present!
    Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)

God bless and have a safe trip. Rockdoc's points are spot on, but sometimes the road with the green light is a bit bumpy.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Brian
    Good Luck Keep the Faith God will provide for you and your family. Glad that we were involved in your adventure
    See You at the Cabin In Soldotna.

Jim Sherry Caleb

Thanks again to all of you! We are now in SD and making good time! Be sure to check out the blog and subscribe to get our regular updates. Hope to be there soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    G3 Guy

We are here!!! After 18 days on the road, we finally made it to Soldotna last Sunday evening and have been trying to get settled. Apologies for not posting earlier but we had no internet in Canada without paying through the nose and we have been busy over the past week here in AK. To complicate matters even more, our cellular internet connection at the house is not all that great. I'm sitting at the Safeway as I type this trying to get our pictures, videos and blog updated. I've made a few updates but we'll be posting more updates from the past couple of weeks on our blog over the next week or so. Thanks for checking in on us and be sure to check out the blog.

http://faithtothe49th.blogspot.com/

G3_Guy
    Brian M.
    G3 Guy

Welcome home to Alaska, the greatest place on earth.