Thread: Backcountry partners

Default Backcountry partners

I have started AT skiing this season and haven't been able to get out as much as I've wanted due to a lack of ski buddies. I have really been wanting to get into Turnagain. Will be going to Hatcher Pass this Friday although I don't think the snow will be that great. Spring break for UAA is coming up next week, and I want to be skiing as much as possible.

I'm a fairly aggressive skier (I can tone it down), but conservative when it comes to avalanche safety. I have level one avalanche training, full avy gear, and full AT setup.

respond here or email me at xanto@inbox.com

I'm always up for new backcountry partners, especially those with a good head on their shoulders concerning avalanche safety. It sounds like we'd be a good match on the mountain style-wise as well. I'm out of town over spring break, but if you want to hit Turnagain in late March and weekends in April, I'm game. Let me know.

-Brian

Sounds good. I'm free pretty much every Tue, Fri, Sat and Sun. (I do patrol at Alyeska 3 weekend days a month but it's fairly flexible). Let me know which date on one of those days is good. I'll go at the first opportunity.

I am totally game, for a turnagain run this coming weekend or there after. I am in the same boat (No Partners but I really want to get out for some BC spring skiing in Turnagain). I have full avy gear and AT gear as well and ski fairly agressively.

Great. Unfortunately, I can't go out this weekend because of other plans, but next weekend will work, either Sat or Sun.

Part of my other plans include a free avy awareness class done by Snow Dynamics at the Motherlode in Hatcher Pass. For anyone who is interested the information is at http://snowdynamics.com/aaa.html

Not this coming weekend, but the next one would be a possibility for me. I´ll keep you two posted.

-Brian

Can't go this coming Sunday. I have plans now, but Sat the 31st is still open.

Went today, it was BA. Lots of fresh snow. Really was surprised at the level of traffic at first but then took a second thought about the convenience of it. I will definitely be earning some more spring turns up there later on.

I'm home from down south and am pretty set on heading to Turnagain this Saturday (the 31st). If you guys are interested, let's make this happen!

-Brian

Great, let's do it. Whatever times are good for you are fine with me. I'll do sun-up to sun-down or a couple hours.