View Poll Results: What pistol would you pick.....

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Browning P-35 9x19

8 7.77%
  • Walther P-38 9x19

0 0%
  • CZ-75B 9x19

3 2.91%
  • SiG M226 9x19

14 13.59%
  • Glock G17 9x19

41 39.81%
  • H&K USP 9x19

6 5.83%
  • Springield XD 9x19

11 10.68%
  • FNH 9x19

2 1.94%
  • S&W M&P 9x19

7 6.80%
  • Model 1911 9x19

11 10.68%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What pistol would you pick...

Default What pistol would you pick...

If you could take only one and are on the move, to defend your life, family and fellow patriots...and this is all that's available. Because of;Total collapse of all infrastructure of government.... Your country has been invaded by a foreign army.... Aliens have come to earth and taking our children...Just hypothetical, armchair, heroic, mental adventure....
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

No doubt in my mind it would be my S&W 460V.

3 choices of ammo and if Aliens can't be taken out at 50 yards with 460 s&w you better not be pointing a handgun at one! Of course 45 LC works well for smaller stuff, including people who have decided to throw in with the Aliens (don't you just hate those guys?). And if I do run out of ammo the 460v is heavy enough to be pretty deadly when used as a club.

From what I saw in the latest Resident Evil, the 460V is strong Zombie medicine too.... exactly why I bought one.

Oops... Didn't see the list at the top limiting my choices. If it has to be one of the 9mm listed I'll go with the XD.

Quote Originally Posted by normK View Post
    No doubt in my mind it would be my S&W 460V.

3 choices of ammo and if Aliens can't be taken out at 50 yards with 460 s&w you better not be pointing a handgun at one! Of course 45 LC works well for smaller stuff, including people who have decided to throw in with the Aliens (don't you just hate those guys?). And if I do run out of ammo the 460v is heavy enough to be pretty deadly when used as a club.

From what I saw in the latest Resident Evil, the 460V is strong Zombie medicine too.... exactly why I bought one.

Oops... Didn't see the list at the top limiting my choices. If it has to be one of the 9mm listed I'll go with the XD.
    +1 on the 460V first pick, 2nd would be EAA Match in 10mm . . . one or the other would be on me when the trouble hit anyway. If I got to pick a 9x19 I have a conversion for the EAA sitting in the safe.

If I got to stick to the list Id be grabbing the G17 till I could find something better than a 9x19.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

My 1911 in 45ACP/Super. More fire power than a revolver and much faster for me to reload. I have 8 and 10 round magazines and that should serve me well hunting or defending my life against what ever just landed

Why is only 9mm listed in the poll?

If I gotta have a 9mm it might as well be a G17...I love mine.

I'd also vote a very close second for a Browning HP....if it was one of the shoulder stocked models with the overly optimistic tangent sights, then uh, well- that one then. Always wanted one of them, especially a minty one. If you can have Aliens I can have my dream HP!

Glock 17, hands down (as long as it's not a Gen 4). Most durable pistol of the bunch listed (except for possibly the HK USP), there are spare parts for them everywhere, and a 3rd grade education is all that's required to be your own armorer.

Hi-Power but would prefer my 454
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

In that situation I would want primarily a fighting gun with the emphasis being on reliability, ease of maintenence, ammo capacity and ammo availability so my vote goes to the Glock.

Everything else would be secondary. I'd be more concerned about the @##%$^$&*s who would be shooting back at me than animals.

Why is only 9mm listed in the poll?
    Because that is what your enemy is likely to be armed with and will be the source of your ammo resupply after you cap him.
    Now what ?

I don't need any firearms........The government will protect me from harm, and feed me, everything will be wonderfull.

What I want to know is what happened to all of my handguns that were put away for just such an emergency. Why can't I use one of them? I'd have to go find one of the ones on this list as I don't have any of those. What a wierd poll.

My Springfield XD 45. If it was strictly zombies, then my Ruger Mark III.

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Because that is what your enemy is likely to be armed with and will be the source of your ammo resupply after you cap him.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    If you could take only one and are on the move, to defend your life, family and fellow patriots...and this is all that's available. Because of;Total collapse of all infrastructure of government.... Your country has been invaded by a foreign army.... Aliens have come to earth and taking our children...Just hypothetical, armchair, heroic, mental adventure....

You mean that "Aliens from another "Space" are carring 9mm's? WOW, I didn't know that, but I don't own a 9mm so I'll still go with my 1911 45ACP/Super

Quote Originally Posted by jwp500 View Post
    You mean that "Aliens from another "Space" are carring 9mm's? WOW, I didn't know that, but I don't own a 9mm so I'll still go with my 1911 45ACP/Super
    Aliens shoot use 9mm for target practice, and shooting varmints. Mostly those pesky bi-peds, usually introduced species from other planets. They are fantastic shots since they start plinking with their 9mm at an early age. Familiar words that every young alien has heard on his way out for an afternoon shooting tin cans and such -
    You be careful with that thing young hatchling, it's all fun and games until someone shoots a tentacle off....

Don't like those choices Murphy....(not a big 9mm fan!) but I'd have to go with the Glock for simplicity and ease of maintenance.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I will stick with my Ruger SRH in 454. With the 45 Colt loads it is a pleasure to shoot. And if I need more power then there is always the 454's...

Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

I like my xdm more than the glock that I sold
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Wow, looks like from the choices given it has to be a 9mm! Oh well, the only advantage I can see in that is I can pack more ammo and I'm not hamstrung by the necessity of shooting ball ammo! I'll pick the Sig P226 with a healthy supply of magazines thanks. Love a good G17, but can't compare to the warm fuzzy feeling I get from a Sig 226 or 229!

I suppose that if I gotta vote to play, I'd go with my Hi Power Browning. Old, familiar friend that fits my hand, the wife and kids are all well acquainted with it, and everyone shoots it well..................................but not as well as my Model 19 S&W.

Yeah I know it's a weird poll, it's a 9mm poll. I don't much care for the caliber either and several of you wouldn't even take a semi auto but that's it. I don't think a 460 is practical but a good four inch revolver and several other calibers could work but this was about preferences for a basic pistol type. You can have almost all those mentioned in 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 10mm, 357Sig...and all are superior ballistically. The 9mm is practical because if amm availability. Everybody should own at least one 9mm pistol to augment other armament.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I'm gonna try to find a Ruger 6.5in Blackhawk in 357 with the xtra 9mm cylinder, one gun and 3 bullet options pretty versatile in my mind. But, if I had to choose off of the list it would be the glock 17....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast