Thread: Alaska fish photo contest

Default Alaska fish photo contest

Hello! I thought this would be a good place to announce our Alaska Fish Photo Contest: http://alaska.fws.gov/fisheries/fish...tion_rules.pdf. We need your help getting great photos that can be used in educational materials to celebrate the diversity of Alaska's native fishes, their seasonal movements and behavior, and their importance to people. Submit your photos by Nov 1 (photos submitted after that will be entered in the 2012 contest). Win a waterproof camera from Stewart's Photo Shop in Anchorage.

You'd get a heckuva lot more entries if you allowed online submissions to this contest.

Default Re: Alaska fish photo contest

email submissions are more than welcome. JPEGs and the entry form (word doc) can be emailed to me: katrina_mueller@fws.gov.
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    You'd get a heckuva lot more entries if you allowed online submissions to this contest.

Also, if you guys have got ideas for other places to advertise the contest I'd appreciate it. I'd like to make this an annual thing and get some additional prizes going for next year, maybe for different categories (youth/adult, best fish in spawning color photo etc). It would be really neat to get a bunch of photos from all over the state since even the same species can look quite a bit different depending on where and when it's caught.

You might distribute it to the various chambers of commerce, or at least the statewide version, with a request to distribute it to their loooooong list of lodges and charter boat members. I bet you get lots of action from them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    You might distribute it to the various chambers of commerce, or at least the statewide version, with a request to distribute it to their loooooong list of lodges and charter boat members. I bet you get lots of action from them.
    That is a great idea. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muell112 View Post
    Also, if you guys have got ideas for other places to advertise the contest I'd appreciate it.

You should partner with Fish Alaska magazine, who is currently running a fish photo contest. Just have them add a disclaimer in the rules submission that AF&G etc.. has permission to use any submitted photos on the website, educational interests, etc... One phone call could get you hundreds of images.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.