Thread: Unit 13 Tier 1 Caribou

Default Unit 13 Tier 1 Caribou

Where is a good place to start the hunt for a Unit 13 Tier 1 Caribou? I did the hunt years ago and shot a caribou near Eureka Lodge. Is this a reasonable place to begin or should I concentrate on the Denali Highway? I have an ATV.

I would bet that there will be a thread with herd intel closer to the opening day.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

I have em all tied up in my yard with trophy fee signs around thier necks..... but seriously, you won't have any trouble wherever you go. The herd is growing and I see twice as many caribou today then even 4 years ago.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Recent F&G count was 41,000 animals. Plenty to go around with their management objective being 35,000 animals. That said, the bulk are currently mere miles from Eureka. Take your ATV, join the masses, head over the hill from Eureka and fill your freezer opening day. Be safe and smart as you can be sure that if the 'bou are as concentrated as it sounds like they are, the hunters will be too! Good luck all.

Thanks everyone.