Thread: Nelchina Salvage Requirements

Default Nelchina Salvage Requirements

The Board of Game has adopted some pretty strict salvage requirements for Tier II Nelchina hunters. Next season those (low income now, not traditional users) will have to bring out the entire head and hide. I wonder if we will start to see kids in Mt View and Fairview wearing caribou parka's and mukluks now. I doubt it. What we will see is every dumpster between Glennallen and South Anchorage turned into a black bear baiting station. I hope our Board of Game will someday come back to the real world. But, in the meantime, I'm going to mail them a letter with my hide and head....hmmmm I mean thoughts.
    From ADF&G Website: Board of Game Members
    RonSomerville
    4506 Robbie Rd.
    Juneau, Ak. 99811

Ben Grussendorf
    1221 Halibut Point Rd.
    Sitka, Ak. 99835

Richard Burley
    1165 Coppet St.
    Fairbanks, Ak. 99709

Ted Spraker
    49230 Victoria Ave.
    Soldotna, Ak. 99669

Bob Bell
    801 W. Fireweed Ln.
    Anchorage, Ak. 99684

Paul Johnson
    P.O. Box 329
    Unalakleet, Ak. 99684

Thumbs up

Might want to send your letter COD

Default nelchina slavage requirements

I would mail them my hide and head also, but according to them making anything over 50 grand means you are to rich to enjoy your God givven right to hunt in Alaska. Maybe this summer there will be a tax checking station at the Russian river and they will give you a tag based on how much money you make. Unemployed to 20 grand 3 fish 20 to 40 two fish 40 to 60 three fish and if you make more then fifty as a family you get the weinie. Pissed off and tired of this liberal BS. Bottom line get the feds out and lets run the state a fair way for everyone! Chef

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Buck52 View Post
    .....I hope our Board of Game will someday come back to the real world. But, in the meantime, I'm going to mail them a letter with my hide and head....hmmmm I mean thoughts......
    That's how we got to this level of lunacy.

The disenfranchised complain loudly and regularly, and the Board implements stupid measures to shut them up.

We're cutting our own throats.

Default Nelchina Caribou? Or Moose?

Better check it...I don't know how it turned out at the BOG meeting but for the 07 season (moose and caribou) head, hide, heard, kidneys, etc have to be removed from the field for any subsistence hunt, including Tier I (General Season Moose). If the BOG lowered the ANS (amount necessary for subsistence) it may allow a non-res moose season and eliminate the Tier I season. If BOG changed the salvage requirement it would apply to the 08 season.

Tim

aren't the head and hide the only reason ever hunts grizzley bears? Nobody is up in arms about that.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thumbs up

Mark, I think it goes a little deeper than that, Inbetween Fed laws/regs, ADF&G reccommendations, different user groups- bow hunters, blackpowder hunters, walkin hunters, vehicule users, State subsistence,Fed subsistance, urban-rural problems, native groups,wildlife viewers, and of course the ever present anti-hunters, makes a few difficulties for the BOG, no matter what decision they make some groups are bound to be a little PO'ed. The level of lunacy goes far beyond a individuals opinion.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    Mark, I think it goes a little deeper than that, Inbetween Fed laws/regs, ADF&G reccommendations, different user groups- bow hunters, blackpowder hunters, walkin hunters, vehicule users, State subsistence,Fed subsistance, urban-rural problems, native groups,wildlife viewers, and of course the ever present anti-hunters, makes a few difficulties for the BOG, no matter what decision they make some groups are bound to be a little PO'ed. The level of lunacy goes far beyond a individuals opinion.
    I'll admit that.

The board is tugged in too many directions.

Thumbs up

I think we're on the same page, I know how frustrating it can be. Can make anyone a Little "Loonie", including myself..........