Thread: EO and away we go...

Default EO and away we go...

Yeah, ADF&G took it down a notch and it was keep one/harvest three on the Nushukak out of King Salmon. You could still kill 1 below slot per day, 10 if jack jumped in, slum chum, and even pick up pike if you knew the y-bone slide.

Anyhow, one morning I killed my 40 incher and released my 44". I surveyed the nine patrons who where there in in wet camp that day on harvest and and C&R during supper rang the bell.

Total count: 193 King Salmon, less than six days days ago from the date of this current post.

Believe it...

Rosenberg; Kodiak AK/Sarasota FL
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Cool Fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    . . I surveyed the nine patrons who where there in in wet camp that day on harvest and and C&R during supper rang the bell.

Total count: 193 King Salmon, less than six days days ago from the date of this current post.

Believe it...
    Ummmmm . . . I'd rather not . .

Reminds me of something I read somewhere:

"During my best day on the Aniak last year I hooked and landed 49 chinook salmon. My body and equipment are simply torn up after a day like that."
    To each his own . . .

Actually,

The EO translates to one per day more than 20 inches, annual limit of four, and one in possession.
    The regulation for king salmon less than 20 inches ("jacks") is 5 per day/ 5 in possession not 10 and 10.
    There is no size/slot restriction other than for fish greater than 20 inches. Not sure what this slot talk relates to.
    Normal regs are two more than 20 in. per day, only one over 28", annual limit of four, two in possession.

oh, and it's Nushagak...not, Nushukak

I would hope your books are better researched than your posts. Not sure if you or your guide or both are the uninformed, but all of this information is readily available.

But yes, the fishing has been really good this year since June 26 or so.

Why would I lie?

I did not tout the outfitter nor myself.

Any reader is welcome to PM me at alaskanauthor@verizon.net. for specific details.

The rest of it is simply cyber-spit...

Rosenberg; Kodiak, AK / Sarasota, FL
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

touchy; i can't spell, wasn't using an editor, not all the data correcting me was correct, and quite simply old honest Abe was right, "you sure can't please them all"

point taken/point given

bottom line: quite the fishery...

Rosenberg; Kodiak, AK / Sarasota, FL

Cool "To each his own" —Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    . . "you sure can't please them all" . . bottom line: quite the fishery...
    Well noted.

When one touts a "fishery" others find deplorable, one must expect some flak.

“Never say playing. You are at best torturing and at worst killing a creature you may or may not eat. Playing at one end, dying at the other — if playing is what it is, it is sadism.”

—John McPhee, author of "Coming Into the Country"