Thread: Kenai update 7/16

Default Kenai update 7/16

Took a charter with Hi Lo charters with guide Albert on the Kenai River Boat goes four for four on kings. 40, 30, 30, 20. That's on half day afternoon charter! Just a fantastic job by our guide Albert.

Oh yeah, two buddies go dipnetting. Two nets each, about three hours each...200 reds.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Nice when it happens that way...good job.
    Do you still wanta kayak the lower Monday ? We have company from out of town/country that might be interested .Let me know if you wanta make it a party.........

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Collett View Post
    Nice when it happens that way...good job.
    Do you still wanta kayak the lower Monday ? We have company from out of town/country that might be interested .Let me know if you wanta make it a party.........
    How did you do tonight Mark?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I went to (what I thought might be a less used spot) a regular hole I frequent and there was 50 people there.I watched more than I fished.Pretty cheap entertainment and kinda fun too.
    Pulled out the fly rod and tried a few flips.Didn't have the touch last night.I suck at flipping for a day or two anyway.It'll come if I work at it.Gotta find my groove..........
    Even without connecting I still had a good time.Today I'm meeting some folks up here from Nova Scotia that want to do some kayaking...we'll see how that goes.

Went to my same spot this morning after meeting the people from Nova Scotia.Hooked a red on my 3rd cast and my fly pole snapped right below the ferrule.****-it
    Got a new pole and out again this afternoon--got a limit in 45 minutes.Not bad at all.Go get em boys and girls.....

Where were you fishing? You don't have to give up your specific spot, just a general vicinity... Where would be a good place to shore fish during the week? I'd like to head down from Wasilla, but not real familiar with Kenai area... Thanks

We were fishing beaver hole and cross over below Eagle Rock.