Thread: Delta Waders (Hip or Chest)

Default Delta Waders (Hip or Chest)

Hey all going to rent an MWR boat and head up Delta Clearwater for some Grayling action. Was going to take my chest waders but both my pair and the wifes pair have holes in them. So the question is do I need to rush and get the repair done or would we be okay with hip waders if I don't get to the chest waders?

Also have never been up that way so any other tips/advice (we will be both fly and spin casting) you can send my way on how/where to find them would be appreciated. We are going to be staying in our new camper and just shooting up and down the river doing day-trips.

Thanks in advance.

The water can be fairly deep,, we most often just run up and drift back in the boat. There are some gravel bars, but not like other rivers. The water is Gin clear and the bugs can be horrible. Beautiful place, we try to visit it a few times a years. Like it better in the fall when the Silvers are there and the bugs are not.

Also,, I take my RV and pull my boat sometimes. It can be very tight in there with a camper/boat combo.

Have fun

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    Hey all going to rent an MWR boat and head up Delta Clearwater for some Grayling action. Was going to take my chest waders but both my pair and the wifes pair have holes in them. So the question is do I need to rush and get the repair done or would we be okay with hip waders if I don't get to the chest waders?

Also have never been up that way so any other tips/advice (we will be both fly and spin casting) you can send my way on how/where to find them would be appreciated. We are going to be staying in our new camper and just shooting up and down the river doing day-trips.

Thanks in advance.
    You should be fine with hip waders. The water IS very cold so make sure you donít go too far into the middle. I would exclusively use flies, as you can really kill it with mosquitos and the water is usually running too fast to throw Mepps, ect. Beware, there are monster grayling in there, some of the largest in the state can be had there!

Blue Dunn works great I heard for a dry flyI would bring chest waders...
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com