Thread: Rode eye splicing?

Default Rode eye splicing?

Ok Im trying to look this up on the internet and figure out how to join my line to my anchor. I can not figure this out for the life of me. I can split the line and tape the ends off but after that I get lost. The pictures show the line being tucked back under but I cant seem to figure out where the tuck is going. Can someone help me?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Give me a call if i'm not out shrimping i'll splice it on to a thimble for ya no problem. Animated knots dot com is a good site to learn how to do it also.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Those links actually helped out quite a bit. I dont know why I never think to look for informational stuff on you tube. I always just assume its stuff that is gonna make me laugh but waste my time not educate me.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

It has taken a few tries to get to the point where I can do a half way tight splice, the one trick I use at the end of the splice is to use two tubes of super glue to secure the splice, no winding the end of the splice with thread. The glue does not look as cool but it sure works well, also do not hold your nose over the glue as it works, nasty fumes, it is over in about 5 minutes though.

B&J's in Anchorage will do it for you for something like $8, but you are better off leaning it yourself in case you have to do it on the water.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded