Thread: Lost Lake DG342 goat hunt info???

Default Lost Lake DG342 goat hunt info???

My friend and I drew a party hunt for the Lost Lake DG342 hunt for goats. I was wondering if anyone had some info about that draw area and where one might locate the billies. We are debating whether we should hike/bike up the lost lake trail to lost lake and hunt out of there from the Seward Hwy, hiking up from snug harbor road on the west side of the area, or hiking up the resurrection trail. Just wondering if anyone had any helpful info or have hunted there before? Due to our schedules we are looking on doing a scouting trip here in the next few weeks and hunting in mid August. Thanks for any help.

A couple good scouting weekends should give you a good feel for where the goats are. Even an info freebie gained here must be verified, so in the end you just need to get out there and find them.

The most expedient way would be to hire a flyover. The most gratifying would be a series of long walks.

Congrat's on your tag!

Taylor

You might try searching on here - it seems to me that there was a report on a Lost Lake hunt here, a few years ago.

Be aware that the Lost Lake Run to benefit cystic fibrosis is on Saturday Aug 27. The run goes from Primrose campground to the Bear Valley fire department and will have approximate 700 participants. Plan your hunting or scouting accordingly.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.