Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barney's Sports Chalet Fall Hunting Sale

Default Barney's Sports Chalet Fall Hunting Sale

We are currently in our second day of our 10% off Storewide Fall Hunting Sale! The sale will continue through August 1, 2011 and includes everything except optics. However, we do have some special order pricing on optics as well if ordered in advance... Takes Kowa about 4 business days to get to Alaska. Sale runs July 15th to August 1st. Come on in!!!

It sounds like the sale includes your packs and packframes - can you quote (PM if you wish) the discounted price for the packframe with the Hunter, Pinnacle, and Yukon bags?

Thanks,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    It sounds like the sale includes your packs and packframes - can you quote (PM if you wish) the discounted price for the packframe with the Hunter, Pinnacle, and Yukon bags?

Thanks,

Michael
    x2!!

Was literally on the MR website about to order and opened this up in the other tab. PM works if need be.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

They probably won't get back to you cause they are busy, but like it says......10 %. Here's how to do it:

1. Call Barneys----(907) 561-5242
    2. ask for price on item
    3. Take the price of item then subtract 10 % (this will give you the sale Price)
    4. Now talk to spouse about purchase (if applies)
    5. Drive into Anchorage
    6. go into Barneys and make purchase
    7. Take spouse next door and buy her shoes (if applies)
    8. mission complete

Hope this process works for everyone......it's not that hard at all....

Hmmm, for me it is a bit different lately....
    Step one: Go into barneys with wife

Step two: Buy two of everything I want, one in each of our sizes.

That's too bad LuJon. I'm thinking a pair of nice ladies shoes would cost a lot less than buying two of everything.

As you probably know, the Pinnacle and Hunter are the same price... $645 Retail. Discounted Sale Price is $580.50.
    The New Yukon is $675 Retail, Sale price is $607.50.

These Sale Prices include everything. Frame, Bag of choice, extra pins, fitting... ready to go into the field!

Any other questions will be answered as soon as we can, but as you all know we are busy outfitting people for the quickly coming hunting season!

Quote Originally Posted by Barney's Sports Chalet View Post
    As you probably know, the Pinnacle and Hunter are the same price... $645 Retail. Discounted Sale Price is $580.50.
    The New Yukon is $675 Retail, Sale price is $607.50.

These Sale Prices include everything. Frame, Bag of choice, extra pins, fitting... ready to go into the field!

Any other questions will be answered as soon as we can, but as you all know we are busy outfitting people for the quickly coming hunting season!

Where can I find out about the New Yukon?

Yukon- The Yukon is the latest addition to Barneys hunting packs. We took all of the features from both our Pinnacle and Hunter bags and combined them in to one pack bag. The main bag can either be one continuous compartment or can be divided into two with its zip in divider. The compartments are divided with a heavy-duty derlin zipper. The zippered flap divides the pack into a 2/3 top and 1/3 bottom configuration. We have also added a half moon front access panel on the bottom of the pack with a giant #10 zipper and weather flap to give you access to gear at the pack bottom. This combination & an impressive 7800 cubic inch capacity allows you to haul that 10 foot dream bear hide or separate the load for easier packing and access. Other features include: A top pocket, tubed front pocket, four additional side pockets, four front compression straps and both a rifle carrier on the side plus a bow/rifle carrier on the front. The bag uses our exclusive green "grizzly " fabric, which is the finest material available. The fabric combines 500 Denier Cordura with a Dyneema cross weave to create a very abrasion and tear resistant material. All of the stress points are then bar-tacked with Kevlar thread and the bottom is reinforced with 1000D Cordura. The Yukon is the ultimate bag for extreme hunting.

Ok,
    I pulled the trigger. Yukon, enroute. I just wanted to be cool while hunting too kahahawai. The ol' Bora has met retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney's Sports Chalet View Post
    Yukon- The Yukon is the latest addition to Barneys hunting packs. We took all of the features from both our Pinnacle and Hunter bags and combined them in to one pack bag. The main bag can either be one continuous compartment or can be divided into two with its zip in divider. The compartments are divided with a heavy-duty derlin zipper. The zippered flap divides the pack into a 2/3 top and 1/3 bottom configuration. We have also added a half moon front access panel on the bottom of the pack with a giant #10 zipper and weather flap to give you access to gear at the pack bottom. This combination & an impressive 7800 cubic inch capacity allows you to haul that 10 foot dream bear hide or separate the load for easier packing and access. Other features include: A top pocket, tubed front pocket, four additional side pockets, four front compression straps and both a rifle carrier on the side plus a bow/rifle carrier on the front. The bag uses our exclusive green "grizzly " fabric, which is the finest material available. The fabric combines 500 Denier Cordura with a Dyneema cross weave to create a very abrasion and tear resistant material. All of the stress points are then bar-tacked with Kevlar thread and the bottom is reinforced with 1000D Cordura. The Yukon is the ultimate bag for extreme hunting.
    pack weight?
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    Ok,
    I pulled the trigger. Yukon, enroute. I just wanted to be cool while hunting too kahahawai. The ol' Bora has met retirement.
    Nicely done Sir!! Hope to fill that Yukon with a hawg of a ram here in a couple weeks!! Already have hauled out one animal in my Barney's Pinnacle this year and hope to haul out two more prior to you getting here.

Well, the only place I found that listed a weight for this pack had it at 12-13lbs...although that doesn't seem possible...
    Proud to be an American!

Default weight

I asked prior to purchase and was told, 8.9 pounds. I hope this includes the frame.

We're gonna be a darn Barneys commercial if we start hauling out two rams, moose, and bou Luke. That, or a chiropractors best friend.

Sometimes a guy just has to know when to upgraded. When every corner of your pack has seen adhesive and stitches it's time.

My stays were corosive and the closed cell foam of the shoulder straps balled up and lumpy. I can't argue about the excellent fabric and bomber zippers of the Bora. I also found it a great working design that is shared by many major high end internal frame pack makers.

I'll give this high quality external frame pack a good ol' workout and report back. Although, I know I'm not the first or the last to jump on the Barneys bandwagon.

Yup, I've got a Hunter waiting for me at Barney's when I hit Anchorage on the 30th, hope I get to pack 1 or 2 moose with it this fall! I'll use my old Camp Trails Moose Pack as a loaner, for friends I bring with me on future AK hunts.

luke has a barney bag??? thought he'd never learn....
    gonna have to go look at the yukon...need another pack i think...barney bag #5 i think i'm on now....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    luke has a barney bag??? thought he'd never learn....
    gonna have to go look at the yukon...need another pack i think...barney bag #5 i think i'm on now....
    Oh come on now Jake, you know how hard headed I am. I like to make things HARDER than they have to be

Wow, guys buying this pack and have no idea of total frame/pack weight...amazing.

BH, thanks for the estimate info...
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post
    Wow, guys buying this pack and have no idea of total frame/pack weight...amazing.

BH, thanks for the estimate info...
    HAHA 5 lbs +/- don't mean much when haul 120+ which is its intended use. Give me a Barney's frame that weighs 10 pounds total over many other packs in the 5-7 pound range.

I did just weigh my Barney's Frame with Pinnacle bag. With the top bar and meat shelf removed, two waistbelt and one shoulder strap pocket added as well as a rifle holder the final weight was 8 pounds 12 oz....which is still roughly 1.5 pounds lighter than my previous pack setup the same way that was 1300 cu in smaller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast