Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jims Creek reds/silvers

Default Jims Creek reds/silvers

anyone doing any good on either up there? saw a few fish roll at the tailrace last night.

no fish but drank a few beers
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

No fish there today

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
    No fish there today
    Youre not just saying that to keep people out for a few more days are ya?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Youre not just saying that to keep people out for a few more days are ya?
    LOL i think they are keeping quiet about the fish until someone slips up and yells out FISH ON!! hahah im heading out there tonight wiht the family. got my fly reel and spin rod ready. looks like the reds are hitting fish creek in decent numbers

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    LOL i think they are keeping quiet about the fish until someone slips up and yells out FISH ON!! hahah im heading out there tonight wiht the family. got my fly reel and spin rod ready. looks like the reds are hitting fish creek in decent numbers
    Can ya post or send a PM report, I am coming down next week..thanks
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

500 fish is decent?I'd give it a day or so personally.

where is fish creek? I think Im gonna wait until next week and hit it. Im gonna try to hit the Kenai again on saturday and see if I can get a few left overs of that enormous run.

where is fish creek? I think Im gonna wait until next week and hit it. Im gonna try to hit the Kenai again on saturday and see if I can get a few left overs of that enormous run.
    I think there will be a little more then leftovers this weekend!!!

Hold up there. Fish creek is in the west side of Knik Inlet along knik- goose bay road it drains Big lake into the inlet. It's also closed to sport fishing until Mid Aug I believe. It can be opened to dipnetting by EO.It's also the only stream in the knik drainage that has a counting weir. so it can be used as a sample indicator of the other creeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    Hold up there. Fish creek is in the west side of Knik Inlet along knik- goose bay road it drains Big lake into the inlet. It's also closed to sport fishing until Mid Aug I believe. It can be opened to dipnetting by EO.It's also the only stream in the knik drainage that has a counting weir. so it can be used as a sample indicator of the other creeks.
    Yup just use it as an indicator of what is coming. For right now, jim's is still dead. Fished for about 2 hrs and not even a splash in the currents. Give it a couple more days until silver slaying

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    Thats why I was wondering where it was at in proximity to jims. If its close and there are fish moving through it then they should be in jims soon.

Thats why I was wondering where it was at in proximity to jims. If its close and there are fish moving through it then they should be in jims soon.
    most likey this weekend will have a few fish in the creek.

most likey this weekend will have a few fish in the creek.
    I still think Im gonna wait until next week. Gonna try Kenai this weekend I think since there seems to be no shortage there.

I still think people should have to pass an IQ test, a breath test and a background check to fish Jim. sigh..wishful thinking.On the statement that the silvers are late...I don't think so. if they start showing up next week, there right on time. So, get the kids ready and catch some fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Daplumber View Post
    I still think people should have to pass an IQ test, a breath test and a background check to fish Jim. sigh..wishful thinking.On the statement that the silvers are late...I don't think so. if they start showing up next week, there right on time. So, get the kids ready and catch some fish!
    You take your kids into that crowd? haha it can be a rough crowd to fish most of the popular spots these days.

I have not had any problems fishing down there with my kids. In fact he occasionally had an errant cast back then and it wasn't long before we had quite a bit of extra fishing space....

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I have not had any problems fishing down there with my kids. In fact he occasionally had an errant cast back then and it wasn't long before we had quite a bit of extra fishing space....
    anyone who would mess with or get irritated by someones kid trying to learn how to fish should be killed, and then the person that killed them should show up to their funeral and kill everyone that shows up!
    Seriously I make extra room for the little guys or give up my spot all together. I have caught my fair share of fish and these kids are the future of our sport.

I have taught all 3 of my kids how to cast a fly rod in the front yard. They all hooked their first fish on the fly at Jim Creek. 2 years ago my son (7years old then) landed his first silver on the fly and limited out in the same day. We did some catch and release while trying to get that 3rd fish (red). While my son was fishing grown men around him were getting pissed off and crowding him once they realized he could handle a fly rod and fight a fish. Most ended up leaving, which is fine. I'm glad they left if they can not enjoy a kid getting into the sport. He landed 10 out of 20 fish hooked that day. I have great pictures of the memory. I don't want to put everyone into a class. There were several fisherman who encouraged him and helped coach him. Some took pictures with my camera. Point being not all bad.

Griffin4590 I'm with you. It is highly frustrating when people cannot enjoy a kid catching a fish.

Tight Lines ** See ya on the river bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
    We did some catch and release while trying to get that 3rd fish (red). While my son was fishing grown men around him were getting pissed off and crowding him once they realized he could handle a fly rod and fight a fish
    The funny thing about that is that it's those same people who a) don't know how to fish in the first place. b) think that the only reason the kid is catching fish is because he in the only "sweet spot" in the whole river. c) think you're rude and inconsiderate when after catching a limit you don't relinquish said "sweet spot" so they can get a fish. And d) proceed to walk further out into the creek convinced that the fish must be further out in the silt thereby screwing the fishing for everyone else. Its fools like that that make me avoid the place on weekends and high traffic hours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast