Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Jims Creek reds/silvers

  1. #1

    Default Jims Creek reds/silvers

    anyone doing any good on either up there? saw a few fish roll at the tailrace last night.

  2. #2
    Member kwackkillncrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    chugiak, ak
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    no fish but drank a few beers
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    153

    Default

    No fish there today

  4. #4
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
    No fish there today
    Youre not just saying that to keep people out for a few more days are ya?
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Youre not just saying that to keep people out for a few more days are ya?
    LOL i think they are keeping quiet about the fish until someone slips up and yells out FISH ON!! hahah im heading out there tonight wiht the family. got my fly reel and spin rod ready. looks like the reds are hitting fish creek in decent numbers

  6. #6
    Member JediMasterSalmonSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    LOL i think they are keeping quiet about the fish until someone slips up and yells out FISH ON!! hahah im heading out there tonight wiht the family. got my fly reel and spin rod ready. looks like the reds are hitting fish creek in decent numbers
    Can ya post or send a PM report, I am coming down next week..thanks
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com


  7. #7
    Member Sierra Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    LOL i think they are keeping quiet about the fish until someone slips up and yells out FISH ON!! hahah im heading out there tonight wiht the family. got my fly reel and spin rod ready. looks like the reds are hitting fish creek in decent numbers
    500 fish is decent?I'd give it a day or so personally.

  8. #8
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    where is fish creek? I think Im gonna wait until next week and hit it. Im gonna try to hit the Kenai again on saturday and see if I can get a few left overs of that enormous run.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    where is fish creek? I think Im gonna wait until next week and hit it. Im gonna try to hit the Kenai again on saturday and see if I can get a few left overs of that enormous run.
    I think there will be a little more then leftovers this weekend!!!

  10. #10
    Member Sierra Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    where is fish creek? I think Im gonna wait until next week and hit it. Im gonna try to hit the Kenai again on saturday and see if I can get a few left overs of that enormous run.
    Hold up there. Fish creek is in the west side of Knik Inlet along knik- goose bay road it drains Big lake into the inlet. It's also closed to sport fishing until Mid Aug I believe. It can be opened to dipnetting by EO.It's also the only stream in the knik drainage that has a counting weir. so it can be used as a sample indicator of the other creeks.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    Hold up there. Fish creek is in the west side of Knik Inlet along knik- goose bay road it drains Big lake into the inlet. It's also closed to sport fishing until Mid Aug I believe. It can be opened to dipnetting by EO.It's also the only stream in the knik drainage that has a counting weir. so it can be used as a sample indicator of the other creeks.
    Yup just use it as an indicator of what is coming. For right now, jim's is still dead. Fished for about 2 hrs and not even a splash in the currents. Give it a couple more days until silver slaying

  12. #12
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Dragon View Post
    Hold up there. Fish creek is in the west side of Knik Inlet along knik- goose bay road it drains Big lake into the inlet. It's also closed to sport fishing until Mid Aug I believe. It can be opened to dipnetting by EO.It's also the only stream in the knik drainage that has a counting weir. so it can be used as a sample indicator of the other creeks.
    Thats why I was wondering where it was at in proximity to jims. If its close and there are fish moving through it then they should be in jims soon.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Thats why I was wondering where it was at in proximity to jims. If its close and there are fish moving through it then they should be in jims soon.
    most likey this weekend will have a few fish in the creek.

  14. #14
    Member c6 batmobile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Interior
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    most likey this weekend will have a few fish in the creek.
    I still think Im gonna wait until next week. Gonna try Kenai this weekend I think since there seems to be no shortage there.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Butte
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I still think people should have to pass an IQ test, a breath test and a background check to fish Jim. sigh..wishful thinking.On the statement that the silvers are late...I don't think so. if they start showing up next week, there right on time. So, get the kids ready and catch some fish!

  16. #16
    Member fishingyoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daplumber View Post
    I still think people should have to pass an IQ test, a breath test and a background check to fish Jim. sigh..wishful thinking.On the statement that the silvers are late...I don't think so. if they start showing up next week, there right on time. So, get the kids ready and catch some fish!
    You take your kids into that crowd? haha it can be a rough crowd to fish most of the popular spots these days.

  17. #17
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    I have not had any problems fishing down there with my kids. In fact he occasionally had an errant cast back then and it wasn't long before we had quite a bit of extra fishing space....

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I have not had any problems fishing down there with my kids. In fact he occasionally had an errant cast back then and it wasn't long before we had quite a bit of extra fishing space....
    anyone who would mess with or get irritated by someones kid trying to learn how to fish should be killed, and then the person that killed them should show up to their funeral and kill everyone that shows up!
    Seriously I make extra room for the little guys or give up my spot all together. I have caught my fair share of fish and these kids are the future of our sport.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I have taught all 3 of my kids how to cast a fly rod in the front yard. They all hooked their first fish on the fly at Jim Creek. 2 years ago my son (7years old then) landed his first silver on the fly and limited out in the same day. We did some catch and release while trying to get that 3rd fish (red). While my son was fishing grown men around him were getting pissed off and crowding him once they realized he could handle a fly rod and fight a fish. Most ended up leaving, which is fine. I'm glad they left if they can not enjoy a kid getting into the sport. He landed 10 out of 20 fish hooked that day. I have great pictures of the memory. I don't want to put everyone into a class. There were several fisherman who encouraged him and helped coach him. Some took pictures with my camera. Point being not all bad.

    Griffin4590 I'm with you. It is highly frustrating when people cannot enjoy a kid catching a fish.

    Tight Lines ** See ya on the river bank.

  20. #20
    Member Sierra Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveman View Post
    We did some catch and release while trying to get that 3rd fish (red). While my son was fishing grown men around him were getting pissed off and crowding him once they realized he could handle a fly rod and fight a fish
    The funny thing about that is that it's those same people who a) don't know how to fish in the first place. b) think that the only reason the kid is catching fish is because he in the only "sweet spot" in the whole river. c) think you're rude and inconsiderate when after catching a limit you don't relinquish said "sweet spot" so they can get a fish. And d) proceed to walk further out into the creek convinced that the fish must be further out in the silt thereby screwing the fishing for everyone else. Its fools like that that make me avoid the place on weekends and high traffic hours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •