Thread: Hot Showers near Russian River?

Default Hot Showers near Russian River?

I am starting to realize I haven't identified some of my more basic needs during my trip in Alaska. I will be camping at the Russian River campground in a "Camper Van" that will not have any bathroom facilities like an RV would. I know there are basic bathrooms at the campgrounds, but I don't think there are showers. I have read that you can "pay" for a shower in some locations for poor stinky souls such as myself. Can anyone tell me where they are and what they are called so I can identify them before my trip? I thank you and the person that will be sitting on the plane next to me thanks you!

Default About a 15 minute drive from the Russian...

Best bet is Wildmans LINK.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Yep, Wildmans is the place to go in Cooper Landing.

Another spot I use is the laundramat in Soldotna (I head down there to do my shopping and while in town do my laundry and have a shower, free internet too)

Soldotna Laundromat on Kenai Spur Highway approximately 1/2 block from junction of Kenai Spur and Sterling Highway.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post

Another spot I use is the laundramat in Soldotna (I head down there to do my shopping and while in town do my laundry and have a shower, free internet too)

Soldotna Laundromat on Kenai Spur Highway approximately 1/2 block from junction of Kenai Spur and Sterling Highway.
    $5 for a shower and I think they limit you time-wise on the hot water (mine ran out I think it was after four or five minutes or so....you'll have the hot water cranked up as high as it goes but it'll get cooler, so don't dally!)

SHOWERS????? We don't need no stinking showers!!!!! Were fishing not going to the prom. Another vote for Wildmans although I havn't been there in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by High_Pockets View Post
    SHOWERS????? We don't need no stinking showers!!!!! Were fishing not going to the prom.
    Your post just made me laugh out loud! Great post! There's also another laundromat that advertises showers....as you're heading into Soldotna it's on the left side of the Sterling highway...not sure what milepost it is...

If Wildman's is too busy, try the RV park at the Kenai Princess. RVers I know prefer it to Wildman's, but at least you've got options.

Just bath in the river....Maybe you will scare away a lot of people and have a hole to yourself. I don't think anyone wants a fish on next to a naked guy... a lot of things could go wrong right there

hell I just spent a month living in a tent with no shower at all... bring a 5 gallon bucket and a sponge, or baby wipes
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    hell I just spent a month living in a tent with no shower at all... bring a 5 gallon bucket and a sponge, or baby wipes

Gee Patrick...I waved as we floated past. Saw ya taking pics of us, so I did the same.

That red headed gal in camp sure seemed ready for some different folks to talk to...

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AlaskaHippie again.

All joking aside, if a half dozen corn dogs and a hot shower at Wildman's don't make you feel better, something is wrong with you.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Gee Patrick...I waved as we floated past. Saw ya taking pics of us, so I did the same.

That red headed gal in camp sure seemed ready for some different folks to talk to...

Ha that was you? Where'd you guys take out? Everyone was confused at seeing a raft that low!
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Ha that was you? Where'd you guys take out? Everyone was confused at seeing a raft that low!

We took out across from Pauls Camp, above the barge. I was in the orange raft, of the 4 that floated by in that group.