Thread: Fishing lower Kenai

Wink Fishing lower Kenai

This coming week, a lady friend and I will be trying our luck for reds. I have fished the Russian for years, but never the lower Kenai. I'm going out on a limb here and guessing fishing the lower river will be more productive. Are there areas that have easy bank fishing access? I've heard names like Bings, Swiftwater, Moose medows ect. In your opinions what would render us the best luck. I would really like for us to catch a limit. That would better help my situation with my friend if it looks like I know what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

From the reports they are expecting big numbers soon but it is slow down there right now. Hopefully they'll show soon.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

the tides and winds have to be right and then hope nets aren't in their way.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Go For It Josh

I'll try to give you a better answer to your question.
    Your guess about the lower river being more productive can be true simply because of numbers.The fish have to go through the bottom before they get upriver.Therefore the amount of fish in the lower river should be and is higher than say--at the mouth of the Russian River.
    There are a lot of areas that have easy bank fishing access.They are shown in the fishing regulations on pages 54 an 55.Of course ,there are a lot of areas that are not shown in there as well.One well developed,productive,and user freindly spot is Soldotna Creek Park.There are new boardwalks that parralel the bank,a newly renovated parking lot,and all the amenities of town within walking distance of this park.And the fishing isn't too bad either.The Soldotna Creek Park is just west of the GMC car dealer and before the Tesoro gas station on the left side of the highway.You might give that spot a try there Josh..........
    Being at the right place at the right time will certainly help you catch fish.Keep an eye out on the numbers ADF&G posts,listen to what folks say on the forums (with a big grain of salt sometimes),and give it your best shot.Timing is everything in life.
    I can't gaurrentee that any of this will help your situation with your freind or that it'll make it look like you know what your doing.But if you can't d***le her with brilliance--baffle her with BS..Hope this will help you.

Thanks for the information Mark. With the big slug of fish coming through. I'm sure we will do very good.

If baffling her with your bs doesn't work either, I think there might be a place to get chloroform in Kenai. I KEED I KEED

Streamborn you went there... So not good...lol