Thread: Core4Element gear

Default Core4Element gear

Anyone tried this stuff yet? I've got an Element jacket coming and hope to score on some merino wool stuff soon.

http://www.core4element.com/

I think it's safe to guess that that's where they get their merino wool from, why else would they have pictures of domestic sheep from New Zealand on their site?

John, thanks for the thread. Post a review on your new gear if you would.

I hear great things about it and it can be had very reasonably compared to some of this high-priced stuff that guys can't get enough of...
    Proud to be an American!

Will do Frank, i'll be testing the Element jacket, Switchback pants and merino hoody and boxers on my sheep hunt this month. Will also be testing out a new Sony video camera, I hope to shoot some video along with a big fat ram.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Will do Frank, i'll be testing the Element jacket, Switchback pants and merino hoody and boxers on my sheep hunt this month. Will also be testing out a new Sony video camera, I hope to shoot some video along with a big fat ram.

Nice....
    Want plenty of pics of that brute!

Good luck out there, be safe.
    Proud to be an American!

Used the Core4Element element jacket on my recent goat hunt and was very happy.
    Excellent product at half the cost of Sitka gear.

Wore mine all week in everything but the worst downpours and it shined.
    I also have the pants but didn't bring them on the hunt. They look equally high in quality.
    Proud to be an American!

I too have been thinking of trying this gear as I am kinda soured on Sitka after very poor customer service on a return. It is about time someone came out with good gear at a much lower price.

If Whitepalm has not gotten a response from Core4Element in over a week since his email, I doubt their customer
    service is going to be any better than Sitka.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

Ryan, I bought mine at camo-fire....

So far dynamite gear at a far lower price than "S" or "K".
    Zero complaints, but we'll keep this thread alive with a candid long term review. That's what matters.
    Proud to be an American!

Well, two billy goats, two whitetail (joined wife for her cold, snow-filled hunt) and a cow elk, and I wore this gear for all of the hunts and it shined.
    Conditions varied from warm Idaho meadows, to Kodiak 70 mph rainy gusts, to Idaho November whiteouts.
    C4E proved itself wonderfully versatile, layering with fleece or merino wool was all it took to be perfectly comfortable. The coolest thing is the light, no-bulk feeling that this gear affords.

Didn't know how it would perform overall, but the Core4Element "Element" series gets an "A" for this season. Fabulous gear at reasonable prices.
    Camofire is the place to buy.

I did ditch the heavy "talus" belt (it was free with purchase), and the suspenders--didn't need them.
    Proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by fullkurl View Post

Camofire is the place to buy.
    Pants listed on Camofire this very minute for the next 2 1/2 hours.

I have gotten three different C4E items from Camofire.com and think they are great. I have compared my Sitka 1/4 top to the C4E, and I have to say they are the same...but I like the C4E better as it cost 1/2 as much from Camofire No regrets...just order some C4E marino top this morning!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

I have and like the merino base layers and heavier pants. I got mine from camofire. These were my first set of merino base layers and fancy hunting pants. Don't have anything to compare them too, but they are working great in southeast AK.