Went for a long walk a couple weekends ago on a sunny day.
My Sat Phone is always in my pack.
Got up in the Chugach and got into a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR. For about 3 hours.
When I got back to my truck my pack was holding water and my sat phone was soaked through and through. I mean water poured out when I took the battery off the back!
Panic was an understatement. I mean $1300 is alot of money to spend TWICE, right?
If this happens to you, do the following:
1) DO NOT turn it on. DO NOT turn it on. Your remaining charge in the battery will FRY the phone and it will be garbage.
2) Remove the battery and sim card.
3) Get all visible moisture out of the phone with a dry cloth.
4) Place the phone, battery and sim card ABOVE your hot water heater, FACE DOWN.
5) Leaave it there for at least a week.
After a week, re-assemble it and turn it on.
It should work fine. Mine did! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised.