Thread: Skilak to Bings Shuttle???

Default Skilak to Bings Shuttle???

I want to float down the Kenai from Skilak to Bings and I'd rather not drive two vehicles all the way from Anchorage. I don't mind hitching a ride but seems like the odds are slim to find someone to take me all the way back up to Skilak. What are my options here?

I've seen guys using Mtn bikes to go back to their ride at the end of a drift...
    I bet you won't have a problem catching a ride though, pretty common this time of year to see rafters walking back up the hwy w/a thumb out.
    BK

907-262-2331, its like $35. i think its the number for Alaskacanoe.

The canoe rental outfit in Sterling will shuffle your vehicle and trailer. They told me $30 from Skilak to bings and $10 for parking fee at Bings unless you have a season parking pass. I think their outfit is Sterling Canoe Rentals but i dont know the number.

Don't think you can beat that!
    This forum is great.
    BK

Riley. That is one long ass float. Just letting you know. Hour row accross the lake with no wind. If the wind is in your face your gonna be screwed. Then the float is an easy 8 hours rowing at times. Be prepared for one long ass day. Now you know why I bought the drifter and the motor. I can drop the motor down and plow through the slow water on the mid and if gets late motor out. Oh and DO NOT MISS Bings. You will be in for one wild ride if you do. There is a sign on the river saying bings pull out next. Stay river right. Small pull out. On a quiet day you can hear the rapids below bings at naptown
    Alaska Canoe which is Max on here will shuttle from there as will wildmans. I would not even try to hitch. to much time to get a ride and to much water to cover. Pay the money to shuttle. Launch and go. your ride will be there after a long day.

chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks everyone...Chuck, I didn't realize from the boat launch at Skilak that it was that far around to the river. First thing in the morning, the wind should be light. Cody is coming up and we'll fish Monday the 25th. I thought that'd be a better float for reds at that time period.