Thread: Bow mounts for fourwheeler?

Question Bow mounts for fourwheeler?

Looking for a way to transport my bow from the trail head to my stand without having to sling it over my shoulder when on my ATV. looking for some ideas I.E. handle bars ect.. The trail I ride gets muddy and I have had to use my bow case and strap it to a rack to keep my bow clean but it is a pain to get into my bow on days its dry. Looking for what the rest of you may use. Thanks Steve

Thumbs up

I've used this mount - http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...149&id=0005966

and it has worked well depending on what rack setup you have.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I took a 1x6 board and glued some Styrofoam insulation to it and then cut the insulation out where the limbs set. With this arrangement you can just secure it with a bungee cord to your rack or on top of a load. It has worked good for me. Not the best picture of it but it will give you an idea of how it works.

Default what I did--for what it's worth

Fishing4play

O.K. this may sound hokie...but I modified a treestand holder to carry my bowcase. Got tired of the case taking up the entire back rack. Didn't like transporting the bow in open (handlebar method).

Took my treestand rack ( http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...149&hasJS=true) mounted it to the 4-wheeler. Took my hard plastic case. Drilled it and mounted it to the verticle post of the tree stand holder.

If I'm going into some really nasty stuff or tight trails, I'll just belly band the case to the rack with a ratchet strap to keep it more stable. In the deer woods I don't worry about belly banding it.

Like i said, it sounds hokie, but it works and doesn't look bad (if done right) either.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Thumbs up Thanks For the Input

Great ideas!! Now I have a pretty good idea for a couple of different hunts I do. I knew I came to the right spot to get an answer. Thanks Again Steve