Thread: Need more info on the whereabouts of these trailheads (Homer - Anchor point Area)

Default Need more info on the whereabouts of these trailheads (Homer - Anchor point Area)

Hello I found something online (http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/misc/orv/traildescrip.pdf) that tells me very vaguely about how to find the trail heads for the North Fork Trail out of Anchor Point / Nikolaevsk; and the Watermelon Trail out of Homer. If anyone could give me a better description on how to find the trail heads of these two trails it would be much appreciated. Here are the descriptions in the link if you didn't want to click on it.

The North Fork Trail is approximately 14.77 miles long and crosses five streams, one of
    which is cataloged as an anadromous stream. The North Fork Trail trailhead is off North
    Fork Rd., just east of the community of Nikolaevsk at approximately 151° 36 34.10
    West, 59° 47 36.12 North, approximately 10 miles from the town of Anchor Point.

The Watermelon Trail is approximately 14.29 miles long and crosses six streams, four of
    which are cataloged as anadromous fish streams by the ADF&G. The trail begins off
    Ohlson Mountain Road above the town of Homer. After approximately two miles, the
    trail enters the Anchor River/Fritz Creek Critical Habitat Area (CHA). The trail
    continues through the CHA, crossing Beaver Creek at a permitted location (FG Permit
    FG 05-II-GP12), and exits the CHA approximately two miles past the Beaver Creek
    crossing.

Thanks for the help!

click on the South Caribou Hills Trail Map and it shows those two trails.

http://www.akchch.org/?page_id=45

Also the google map superimposes the trails onto a satellite photo image as i recall. Been a while since I did it, not sure if those two trails are on it.

Thanks I would + rep you if i could

Quote Originally Posted by biskadee View Post
    Thanks I would + rep you if i could
    Took care of that for ya!