Thread: Brown bear added to goat hunt cost ?

Default Brown bear added to goat hunt cost ?

What would be a fair price to pay to shoot a bear on a 7 day $10,000 goat hunt [each].
    Two of us will be hunting with one guide in unit 1B

For that price the guide ought to let you shoot one if you just buy the tag. 20k for just 2 goats is a lot, but more than likely you'll pay and additional 5-6k if not more.

I was thinking ,I wouldn't mind $3,000.
    What do you think,ask a price or make an offer ?
    What is the proper way to go about this.

headhunter, all those questions should already have been answered by the guide when you booked your hunt. Or be available in his literature or on website. Typically you are looking at around $3500 extra trophy fee, somewhere around there for a 1x2 hunt like this in which you're both paying 10K each. But who knows. Ask him, that is the proper way to go about this.

Saw your other post on who shoots first, you really want to determine that ahead of time between yourselves and with the guide. Likely you may run into more than one billy at the same time, not sure how guide wants to handle that, if he wants you both to shoot or what. All of that should be talked out before you head out hunting. You could work it with your partner that on day one one of you shoots first, then trade off days like that. Good chance you'll both be successful either way. Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter353 View Post
    I'd ask and if it sound more then what you want to drop then throw out a resonable offer and see what happens. Worst case is you get a "no"..
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." T. R.

So one time i was sheep guiding for a guide-outfitter in the Wrangells. This little griz was running around main camp getting into stuff and causing some damage and concern. My biggest concern was that the bear had tore apart the outhouse to obtain its contents, and I did not want to be selected to rebuild the outhouse.

Anyway, a client, (not my client-hunter) asked the outfitter how much a trophy fee was to shoot this little problem bear. The outfitter had saw that the hunter had $800 cash in his pocket.

That day, the trophy fee for shooting that little problem griz was $700.00.

(True story. NO, it was not my guide-outfiter business. At that time I was working for sombody else. And No, I really did not approve of the payment-amount-determination method.)

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter353 View Post
    Ask the guide/outfitter.