Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great trip or two

Default Another great trip or two

Traditionally we head out on the water for several days over the 4th of July. We spent three nights rafted up with a couple of other parties and had a great time. We spend a lot of time throughout the season rafted up with our neighbors that have a very nice SeaSport. I throw some big buoys out so I don't have to rub that darn gel coat off my nice, oxidized alloy. They joined us along with another family that is into their first full season with a nice 24' Wooldridge. We started the long weekend with rain, but then awoke to clear skies and flat seas.

We had planned on heading south another 40 or so miles to spend the next two evenings. We really did not have any concrete plans other than to fish and shrimp a bit and explore with the tenders. Any fool can rough it, so we also ate and drank well. My kids and one of the other party's son were happy just rowing "Motor Floater" around. They could do this for hours and they did.

I purchased a nice RIB from Tradewind Inflatables this past spring and we have really gotten a lot of use out of it. It will get my family of four up and cruising at 20+mph. The F15 sips the fuel and is loads of fun for both the big and little kids alike.

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The shrimping has been good for us this season. It is hard to beat fresh, grilled shrimp.

I was tasked with preparing prime rib for dinner to celebrate Independence Day. We also had a great salad, corn on the cob, and homemade potato salad. The food was great and the scenery was not bad either.

The kids chose to eat on the bow. I guess the old folks were a bit much for them.

My 6 year old is turning into a fishing machine. At each anchorage he will jig his chrome buzz bomb for hours. He pulled a 100 pounder earlier this season and pulled a nice eater this trip. We had been chumming the water with the shrimp heads. We pulled several heads from this butt's belly.

Over all we had a fantastic weekend. The seas were flat, the weather was great, and the company was fantastic. We headed back to port on Monday afternoon so that we could drop the ladies and kids off in town, pick up some friends, and head back out for the remainder of the week. Why work when the forecast is so good? There was a nice high pressure system that was supposed to continue for the remainder of the week. We headed south of Whittier about 20 miles for the first evening so that we could check the shrimp pots and then headed south another 50 or so miles. The four other guys I had along were out more to relax than fish, but there is no reason why a guy cannot do both. We spent a lot of time on the hook enjoying the sights and soaking some bait.

One of the guys brought his wet suit and snorkel gear and spent several hours checking out the rock piles and drops.

Very nice!

We sent several hundred shrimp heads over the side with the hope that some flat fish would arrive. We were not disappointed. A good friend from college joined the 100 pounder club about an hour later. We stuck her with the harpoon and another buddy captured a great shot of me dispatching the nice flatty.

The hero shot.

We also jigged up a nice octopus. I have heard of people catching them on a jig or bait, but never actually witnessed it. This guy came home with us.

I rarely see sunsets in July while in town. Dang I love being on the boat!

Prince William Sound is a special place. It never gets old!

Very nice indeed!!! I love the shot with the snake charmer in action. We had a great time over the 4th as well but we were in the Fjords south of Seward. We may cruise in PWS next week if the weather and water are good. Continue safe boating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizmo_AK49 View Post
    Very nice indeed!!! I love the shot with the snake charmer in action. We had a great time over the 4th as well but we were in the Fjords south of Seward. We may cruise in PWS next week if the weather and water are good. Continue safe boating.
    That was a lucky capture, for sure! I think we all will agree that being lucky can be better than good.

I will be heading out late next week as well. Give me a shout and perhaps we can raft up Friday or Saturday. I hope you two are giving Cizmo a work out with all of this flat water.

Spoiled one,
    Nice, thanks for posting. Can't wait to get back out there in a few weeks.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Spoiled one,
    Nice, thanks for posting. Can't wait to get back out there in a few weeks.
    BK
    You bet. It is a heck of a play ground.

So does IGFA recognize the .410 as a legal means of capture or do they go on up to 12ga.

GREAT picture Pete, Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific23 View Post
    So does IGFA recognize the .410 as a legal means of capture or do they go on up to 12ga.

GREAT picture Pete, Well done.
    LOL. I don't keep up on records. I just eat them! I don't think you are allowed to harpoon or shoot a fish if you want to submit it as a record.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    We stuck her with the harpoon and another buddy captured a great shot of me dispatching the nice fatty.
    GAWL DARN IT I always miss out! Hey was she part of that floatilla of lesbian kayakers I saw at nellie juan?

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    GAWL DARN IT I always miss out! Hey was she part of that floatilla of lesbian kayakers I saw at nellie juan?
    Nope, not in Nellie Juan. No idea where she was before we stuck her, though!

Very nice Pete! Way to go! I was doing great over here and I just haaaaad to click on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by ken210 View Post
    Very nice Pete! Way to go! I was doing great over here and I just haaaaad to click on this post.
    Good stuff, Ken. Keep the sand out of your socks and stack the money away. Cheers!

Awesome, just awesome!!! If you ever need gas money,, just saying.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Awesome, just awesome!!! If you ever need gas money,, just saying.

Steve
    I need to meet you on the east side of PWS when you are bear hunting one of these seasons.

Awsome! Thanks for sharing. Man I miss PWS.......

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

Charterboat Operator

AWSOME!! laughed as i was following you home on Sunday, first time i have gone 10mph under the limit for a long time! I was so busy checking out all the goodies on Patience that I forgot i was in a hurry to get home!!

Quote Originally Posted by POLE BENDER View Post
    AWSOME!! laughed as i was following you home on Sunday, first time i have gone 10mph under the limit for a long time! I was so busy checking out all the goodies on Patience that I forgot i was in a hurry to get home!!
    Yea, towed her back for a little add on. Hope to tow her back today or tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast