Thread: Fishing at King Salmon

Default Fishing at King Salmon

Hello all. I am going out to King Salmon for a few days the last week in July. Am I between runs there? Is it worth taking fishing gear to fish in the evenings? I am reading some of the fishing books to get an idea, but any help you choose to give will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Moose44

Could be some early silvers and I think after the Kings are closed King Salmon Creek opens below the bridge and you can get dollies, grayling, rainbows, silvers but don't target the kings. If you have a vehicle you can hit Lake Camp and get some trout and maybe some reds... Bring a bug net.

George

Prior to the end of the July the Nak will be hot Kings and bonus silvers. It takes a talented guide unless you know your way around.
    Big fish in the Nak; I released a 44" less than 5 days ago.

Bugs on the water for certain. Bugs on the land getting to the water certainly more. I'm still itching, but then again so is the frozen flesh in my freezer that calls...

Rosenberg; Kodiak/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Depending upon where you are fishing there should be a lot of Reds, chums, and the beginning of the silver run. Probably a lot of Kings in the upper reaches of most SW rivers.