Thread: Unit 20C moose Sept 16-25th

Default Unit 20C moose Sept 16-25th

I'm planning on hunting the Valley in August for moose but if I don't connect I'm wanting to have an area scouted out ahead of time for my hunt Sept. 16-25th for moose. After reading the regs and seeing 20C is "Any Bull" I'm very interested in it, I would like to go scouting up there in the next couple weeks. I have a couple 4 wheelers that I would like to be able to use to access it. I've actually never been north of the main area up at Denali Nation Park where all the shops and resorts are located at. From what it looks like on a map area 20C starts on the west side of the Hwy north of the park. Is there any major trailheads to access the area? Any other information on the area would be great!

thanks

Looking at a map is Healy on the boarder? Eightmile Lake just north west of it is looking like a staring area. Has anyone ever been into that area? trailheads?

thanks!

I was off on my dates, actually the 9th-18th.

Any information on crossing the Teklanika River with an ATV? Experiences in Sept? Most of the information I'm finding on that area is off of the Stampede trail. Does anyone know how far you can get in on that trail on a wheeler? Not really wanting to go into an area I have to be winching my self every 100yds. Thanks for the info via PM's