Thread: Looking for opinions

Default Looking for opinions

I know this is kind of an open end question however I will ask it:

How many would think paying a reasonable price for a specifically created orginal Water Color Painting with 50 Holiday Cards printed up with ones harvested game from a picture i.e. in the mountains / on the water / in the field would be something someone would be interesting to inlcude owning the copy rights to the painting?

Mike S. I hope this does not break the forum rules I am asking because it is something I am considering having done on a very limited bases. However if everyone thinks it is not an idea that may have merit or bascially dumb I would like to know up front.

Regards

RMM
    Blue Moose Rafting

can you dumb that down a little?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Fifteen years of sending the same card is alot but if priced right I could live with it,its what in the card that counts
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

What do you consider "reasonable"? My mom does the very thing your talking about and I know the hours that can go into a painting of any quality. They are way cool but not sure of the cost.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Like with all business related expenses hours, material and quality would be the determining factors. On average we are considering 18x22 no frame would run $400.00 - $500.00 which would of course include the shipping, and the cards. Frame and Matted of course tack on an additional $150.00 - $200.00

I am having a series of 5 made thie year as soon as I get the first one back I will post a copy of it in the forum. Being that I happen to be related to the artist you would think I might get the ole' price break however nope her work is what her work cost. I have seen some of her water color paintings go for as much as 2.5K.

Sound interesting and I mentioned to my mother who is rather knowledgable within the art world. She is curious as to who the artist is and where can their work be viewed. Obvisously the stature of your relative is what would dictate the price as well as the complexity of the photograph. Some are willing to pay nothing for good art while other will pay big bucks. Marketing something like this can difficult. I will try to post pictures later of what was done for me.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Yepper on the marketing thing one of the reason I wished to get a feeler out with the hunter and fisher people of the world. The artist does not have a web site lives in Mich and does commercial work for companys i.e. please make a water color painting for us and our holiday cards. She has done several other wildlife paintings however again no gallery yet. I plan on changing that. I will post the work once it arrives. I have several of her flower paintings already but where is the fun in that.

:-)

Richard, I want to get your sisters contact info. We have a large saw blade we would like painted If she can. I hope to have her paint a picture of the moose (if I harvest one) on it.
    Also I sent a PM to you, did you get it.