Thread: *****************************

Default *****************************

Has anyone else had issues with him. I am posting this for a friend. Just trying to find out if others out there have left money and animals and then the work was never done and he will no longer even respond to phone calls or emails. I am leaning towards it is time to get the law involved. There really needs to be some sort of recourse for these types of taxidermists/
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 11-29-2011 at 06:14. Reason: Flame rule

I know he's a member on here, heres a link to his profile, looks like he hasn't been on for awhile, that really sucks hopefully it works out.

Last edited by kingfisherktn; 11-29-2011 at 06:15. Reason: Flame rule

Looks like I will have to make a road trip up the North Pole to pay a "visit" to the guy. ****ty business and people skills. Nothing like stealing people's $$ and not returning their trophies.

I to had problems with him. He had some issues in his personal life that he had to take care of. I just picked up my bison mount yesterday and it looks awesome. He should be getting back with people now that he has his life in order. On a side note, I have since changed taxi's and will not take anything else to him until I feel he is back on his feet full time.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Question Rumor Mill!

Talking with some of my friends, rumor has it, the guy in question went/is going out of business. One of the guys did a search and supposedly his license is expired, and didn't update it(???). If this is in fact true, then it's just another that tried but failed to make it in that line of work. One needs to have it all in that profession to survive...... People skills, proper business practice, know the laws that keep you and your clients out of trouble, and the actual artistic skill/knowledge required of everything to do the good job that builds that reputation needed to survive in the taxidermy industry today. The ones that have been around a long time obviously have that! That being said, you know who you should be looking to for your taxidermy needs in the future. Remember you get what you pay for! Good luck to all those unfortunate ones with money and trophy mounts in question with said taxidermist.......... because these situations rarely turn out in favor of all parties involved.
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ok, so after a couple of days of letting my bison hang, I have some MAJOR problems. First if he ever goes into business again I warn all of us, DO NOT USE THIS TAXI. My bison mount is cracking. I will be calling Brow Tine ASAP to see what, if an, he can do to fix it. Also I have maggots falling out of it. Thats right MAGGOTS! I will be getting it fixed and hopefully get my trophy back son.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    Ok, so after a couple of days of letting my bison hang, I have some MAJOR problems. First if he ever goes into business again I warn all of us, DO NOT USE THIS TAXI. My bison mount is cracking. I will be calling Brow Tine ASAP to see what, if an, he can do to fix it. Also I have maggots falling out of it. Thats right MAGGOTS! I will be getting it fixed and hopefully get my trophy back son.
    Pictures man pictures! Show what ****TY work he does. I looked at his website and after seeing some of the stuff, I would NEVER have him do any of my animals!

I live across the street from jcorwin4278,, he showed me his mount. It was clearly over boiled, still has bits of flesh and cartilage, it does have maggots falling out of it. It was not whitened of degreased properly.

Should be able to get it stabilized and looking good with a little work.

Lesson here is a penny saved is not always a penny saved!!

The time to find a taxidermist is BEFORE you get an animal down.

Quality taxidermy cost money, hunting cost money. Do your research and pay the very minimum down, I have had more than one taxi tell me they will move the most profitable mounts to the front of the line when they need cash.

People spend boat loads of cash to collect their trophies, only to try to save a buck or two on the taxidermist bill. You will keep your mounts for a lifetime, you don't want to be upset every time you look at your mount, they should remind you of a great time.

Sad to see this same theme over and over. Please people do your research, there are some great artist in our area.

Hopeful everyone will be in need of a quality taxidermist in the next month of so.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    Consider yourself lucky to even get your trophy back in the state it is in. My niece took her bison to him in Oct 2009 and nothing at all from the guy. Yeah he has supposedly had all sorts of personal issues great stop working on stuff and give it back to people.

My sister and brother-in-law have tried to contact him numerous times via every way imaginable and he or his wife will call or email eventually and give some sob story and make more promises even though we just want the bison back in any state at this point we could care less about it being finished.

I have called and never get a call back, I have had friends stop by and he is "never home".

So if any of you know Tracy please convince him to give my niece her bison back. You can contact me on here if you have any info.

Thanks and be very careful guys and gals!

Sounds like it's time for the troopers.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I hate to tell you this but we had the same problem with a taxidermy place in Fbks last season. The guy not only had to be near threatened with bodily harm to return our skins, but when he DID finally MAIL them to us, they were mutilated beyond repair. I was very PO'd and contacted the police and they said that it was a civil matter not a police matter. Yours may be different since you haven't recieved your merchandise back, but the BBB called me and told me that we weren't the first to get ripped off. I drove to Fbks to confront him and had plans to take him to small claims but when I got there, the whole business was GONE! They hoofed it out of town. Then a month later I see the guy on that new Alaskan Taxidermy show.....yeah...moral of this story....call the BBB before you take your hard earned moose or caribou or furs to anyone to see if they are reputable. We learned a hard lesson.