Trip details are finally coming together and the family and I will be in Kodiak from Aug 5th - Aug 8th. Being military we have access to some fun rental stuff from the Coast Guard including a boat and camper. So with flights booked I am turning my attention to recreation. So a few questions for my favorite forum
- How long would you rent a boat in hopes of getting some good fishing in from Kodiak (they rent hourly)
- What type of fish would be in Salt at that time?
- How much exploring and/or site-seeing possibilities are there from a boat (how long would these take)
- Any chance of boating to a good/reasonable bear viewing area (flights are so expensive)
Now question two is regarding the camper as I am debating just staying in Kodiak or renting a car and hitting the roadway for some camping/fishing/sight-seeing.
- What fresh water action might be going around this time
- Any great camp-sites we should/could check out
Well any other Kodiak information you could send my way would be greatly appreciated.