Thread: Really?!!

Default Really?!!

UPPER COOK INLET COMMERCIAL FISHING ANNOUNCEMENT No. 12

The Upper Cook Inlet commercial drift fishery will be open to gillnetting in Drift Gillnet Area
    1 and the Expanded Kenai and Expanded Kasilof Sections of the Upper Subdistrict on Thursday,
    July 14, 2011, from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011, The Superior Court for the State of Alaska, Third Judicial District
    at Anchorage, found the June 30, 2011 Emergency Regulation adopted by the Alaska Board of
    Fisheries to be invalid.
    As a result of this decision, the Central District Drift Gillnet Fishery
    Management Plan 5 AAC 21.353 (a)(2)(A)(ii) requires the Central District commercial drift gillnet
    fishery to be restricted during the second regular fishing period between July 9 and July 15 to the
    Expanded Kenai and Expanded Kasilof Sections of the Upper Subdistrict and Drift Gillnet Area 1.

As Thursday, July 14, 2011 is the second regular period during the July 9-15 time frame, this fishing period is open in the above described areas in compliance with courtís ruling.

You would think the state fears loosing revenue like is a whole bunch of outta staters didn't buy fishing licenses, everything I have been seeing is a complaint on poor runs, maybe all those reports are wrong. Good thing someone challenged the closing, seems like a good use of resources.

Well I guess those of us who felt that the BOF actions on 30 June was wrong have a court in agreement. The BOF process is really bad with this present BOF members who are arrogant and feel they do not need to follow the law. Well I guess they should be accountable now and resign for their waste of state time and dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    Well I guess those of us who felt that the BOF actions on 30 June was wrong have a court in agreement. The BOF process is really bad with this present BOF members who are arrogant and feel they do not need to follow the law. Well I guess they should be accountable now and resign for their waste of state time and dollars.
    I knew this was coming. Stay tuned for a federal criminal investigation. Shred all the paper you want there at your (our) borough offices, you guys are going to prison.... Now then, i'm off to the permit brokers to buy a CI drift permit!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

and snowbird Johnstone reappointed by our Governor. Has Alaska had one governor you would vote to re-elect since Hammond?

Voted for Frank and would again!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I would vote for Sarah