Thread: cheap sluice box

Default cheap sluice box

i was looking at the Tee-Dee EZ Sluice Box Kit has any one have one of these ot tryed them ther 49.95 with a dvd and a snifter. I never used one and im verry new to pospecting thanks for any info or input.

Default What I Would Do

About 10 years ago I was interested in Prospecting and bought 1 of those little plastic do hickys and today it sits in the corner of my garage collecting dust and would be more than happy to give it to you if I was back in Mt.
    I now have a Dredge, Highbanker, few sluice boxs and tons of extra stuff. I would suggest going to your local prospecting store and talikng with them and getting a nice aluminium box. They run around 50 bucks or so. They will tell you how to use them.
    You will need 5 Gal buckets, Trowel, Shovel, Classifier, Pan and snuffer..I would pick up a prospecting book as well.
    Now you have some decent equipment to move some earth. By going this route if you find you are not interested in prospecting you can sell what you have and get a little money back.
    The above items wont cost more than $75 and some you probably already own.You might even find some used stuff. Saw a Sluice on Cragslist today in AK.
    I think you will have a much better time with this stuff rather than a little plastic box as I found out.
    My 0.02 Good Luck

just what i needed too hear i didnt wont to buy a littel cheapy. there is no prospecting store arouned here so is there any brand you can recamend to me.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bent fin View Post
    just what i needed too hear i didnt wont to buy a littel cheapy. there is no prospecting store arouned here so is there any brand you can recamend to me.thanks
    Keene is most common but there are others out there. Do a google on Gold Propecting forums and check out their for sale stuff. You can get some good info here as well.
    Some find the Gold Prospectors Association of America ( GPAA) fun and you might have a local chapter.
    Heck contact them in your area and they should invite you to one of there meetings or outting and you just bring yourself as they supply you with the tools and teach you what you need to know.