Thread: Dupont Spinner Amsoil tax?

Default Dupont Spinner Amsoil tax?

Hey Dupont Spinner I was just wondering if amsoil is charging you tax. I dont remember getting charged tax the last time I ordered. I called and the lady said it was just somthing to offset frieght. It has been a while since I orederd as a preferered member but I still dont think it right to charge frieght and call it tax. Just wondering if you had any insite. thanks Larry

Yes they charge a 7.5% freight charge or tax or whatever you want to call it just to get it to Alaska. The charge has always been there in the 14 years I have lived here in Alaska. What I do to reduce the TAX is try and make a large order. About every $1000 you get a 2% discount so I try to make orders in the 3 g range to help offset the charge.

You did see my other post???? If you don't need it right away I will pick up your order and bring it with me the 1st week in Aug.

As for freight and fuel surcharge cost is always a cost over and above the item cost. To avoid the shock of these extra cost to customers the 7.5% can be calculated into the item price before for resale.

Claude:

Thanks, they should really just add it into the shipping this way it's not misleading to Alaskans. The lady on the phone in Wisconsin got an ear full about no state taxes in Alaska and laws and such.

Quote Originally Posted by f0zzy2 View Post
    Thanks, they should really just add it into the shipping this way it's not misleading to Alaskans. The lady on the phone in Wisconsin got an ear full about no state taxes in Alaska and laws and such.
    You should see the run around I gave them when I order filters. They tried to charge me the actually cost of shipping plus the 7.5% and the lady insisted that was how all things going to Alaska are charged. I then explained to her that now the item that I was suppose to be buying at wholesale was going to cost me more then the current retail price, locally. In the end I talked to some one who had some common sense and said I was correct.

What I think is crap is the 7.5% is based on the amount of money spent, which to me is a sales tax not a shipping surcharge. Like I said early is I try to make large orders to negate the charge. If you ever want to order things ask me 1st, if they have them local I can go get them and figure out a way to get them there with little to no charge. I have many friends that travel between Anchorage and Healy almost weekly during the summer and many times me too. Also can take them directly to FedEx for ground shipping.

Last is I do not require a preffered customer card to purchase things...now especially since NAPA carries it here locally.

On EDIT: I get into many arguements with dealers inthe lower 48 because they claim that they can get it to my customers cheaper then I can because they do not add on the 7.5% till after they make the sale.

You guys are lucky. I'd been a dealer since the late 80's, but after 9/11 the post office wouldn't ship Amsoil to Kodiak anymore. One time I shipped on NAC, but it was just too darn expensive. I hated to do it, but I let my dealership drop and told Amsoil why. They didn't have a solution.

I've never really sold much to others, but I was a firm believer in the product for everything I owned. As such, my volume was too low to make other shipping modes worth while.

So, I hear your complaints and frustration, and I agree it's doesn't seem right in what they call the added fee. However, they have to cover the cost of getting the product up here, and at least you can get the stuff shipped to you without incurring a huge cost like I would face. Thought sharing this might help change your perspective a little.