Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Pistol issues

  1. #1
    Member lildevock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    65

    Default Pistol issues

    I've been having a problem with both my Sig 220 Carry and my Walther P22, both pistols I bought used so I'm not sure the round count through them but when I take them shooting more often than not the slide does not lock to the rear when the magazines are empty. With both guns I am running brand new factory magazines, also for the .22 i'm pretty sure WWG will take care of the issue because I picked it up there recently. However for the Sig is this something worth sending back to the factory to have repaired, or would it be easier to buy a replacement piece for whatever it is that is not functioning properly? And if that is the case, is it something I can do at my house or would I have to take the 220 to a gunsmith?

  2. #2
    Member GD Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    PANC
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    If WWG sold it to you, give it to them. Otherwise, ship it to Sig, they'll definitely take care of it.

  3. #3
    Member .338-06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    No offense intended, but have you cleaned your guns?
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

  4. #4

    Default

    Are you using your offhand to support the butt of the piece? Could be something simple as that...applying pressure where it is not wanted.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member lildevock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    No offense intended, but have you cleaned your guns?
    Yes, I am very anal about cleaning my firearms.

    As for the grip i do not use my offhand to support the butt of the piece. I use a very firm grip I picked up with the army. However recently i have switched from more of a tea cup style of holding the pistols to a grip where my off hand puts more pressure on the side of the firearm. Although I only have this problem with my sig 220 and p22, on all my other pistols I have no issue. Even with my other walther and sig.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In an easy chair in Cyberspace
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    bring it in!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •