Thread: Where to buy?

Default Where to buy?

Taking the last few steps in getting a Yamaha Grizzly, now just wondering where to get one here in southcentral. Heard the dealer in anchorage kinda sucks, so was wondering where in the valley to buy one.

So where might I be able to get a better deal and customer service? House of Yamaha or Performance Yamaha(both in the valley)?

I bought mine at Anchorage Yamaha and had a good experience, but that was when Squeaks was still there. I understand he retired. I don't know who I'd go to now. Probably I'd just look around for whatever dealer would give me the best deal. We do most of our maintenance on the machines at home so I'm not looking for a long term relationship.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I have heard great thing about the yammi dealer in big lake though I have not personally used them.

Thumbs up The Best!

Go see Mike and Susan at Ak House of Yamaha. These guys have been the best Yamaha dealer in the STATE!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default hours?

What are the store hours for alaska house of yamaha?

Default Info!!!

10to 6 m-f
    10 to 5 sat
    892 1000
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Another recommend for Big Lake Yamaha. I bought my Rhino from them several years ago and they have been a great help over the years. Made me a great deal when I bent the crap out of my plow mount. Always very friendly, worth the drive out there for sure. Search the forum for posts about service and yamaha and I don't think you will find one person who has something to bad to say about Big Lake Yamaha. That doesn't hold up for the others in south central.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    Heard the dealer in anchorage kinda sucks, ...
    I spoke with a local Yamaha dealership ... didn't buy ... but have no problems with them.

How did they suck? What did they suck? What have you heard? Were their prices too high. Inventory limited? or lacked customer service? Did your source feel like he got a bad deal?

If people said so and so sucks, and you are affiliated with so and so or otherwise disagree ... how are they to make things right. Please look at it from their prospective and from the prospective of a future forum reader. How can they make their business better and help prospective buyers?

Call Lower Peninsula Power Sports and see if its worth your time to drive down there. The Yammis were cheaper in Anchorage, but with "set-up fees" and winch install its cheaper to go to Homer. They have a $15 tax though. Haven't bought, just browsed and researched.

Tim

House of Yamaha in Big Lake. They beat Anch by $967.00 and Performance in Wasilla by $650.00. Got a 700 with EPS, 2500# waren winch, hot grips and thumb warmer. Send them an e-mail and tell them what you want and ask for a quote. I still got it for less then their quote when I went there. Great deals and good service.

Found the same thing that Big Lake Yamah about $1000 less than Anch. Also price is better if you do check or cash rather than card

House of Yamaha in big lake has been the best dealer I have ever dealt with, the rest are not even close! I bought a nytro mtx from them a few years back. They were upfront and honest, straight shooting, people. Most importantly, they have been the only dealer that actually gave a dam after I handed them my money.

Bought at Lower Peninsula Powersports in Homer this spring. Had the cheapest prices between Anchorage/Soldotna. The people were great. I do all my maintenance, although they instructed me pretty well to a few tips and tricks and recommendations. I've heard nothing but good about them. They steal alot of Soldotna's business for obvious reasons if you've delt with Soldotna dealers. They'll give you tire and wheel packages if your looking, like most. Although they didn't carry ITP's, if that matters to you. Didn't to me.