Thread: Wallace lake

The Valley,Alaska

Default Wallace lake

Is there any public access at Wallace lake in the valley?? If so, where at ?

I could not find anything about "Wallace Lake" on the Sport Fishing Lake Info page (click here.)

I hope you have luck finding this access. From the "Highway Angler" book I was excited to try my luck at another local lake, Wolverine Lake, only I was unable to find access. After further investigation this is what I found:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    Subject: Wolverine Lake
    To: Patrick@#####
    Mr. White,
    Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Unfortunately there is no obvious access to Wolverine Lake. We are still working to figure out where and if the access to the east actually exists on the ground. There is Mat-Su Borough land and supposedly a trail that leads to a bog which makes it virtually unusable. The BLM easement on the west side does not access the lake. So that information is wrong. Once we can confirm whether or not there is legal access on the west side of the lake we will have to update our lakes website. Our maps indicate an RS 2477 State right of way that goes to the lake, but it goes through private property and the land owner keeps it blocked.

Please contact me at any time if you have questions, but I will be in touch as soon as I know more.

Thank you and have a good week,

Marla Carter
    Access Defense
    Sport Fish
    Phone: 907-267-2103
    Fax: 907-267-2464

Wasilla, Alaska, United States

I live by Wallace Lake and I do not know of any public access sites......