Thread: tandem fly laws

Default tandem fly laws

Hey guys,

I fish a lot of tendem rigs either in wisconsin or in Michigan. Usually I lead with a larger pattern like a stonefly, or egg sucking leech, then trail with a two foot droper; either an egg when fishing salmon or a smaller nymph when fishing trout. My question is this, are tandem rigs legal in Alaskan Waters? In minnesota they are not, when fishing migrating fish. I just want to be sure i don't break any rules.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tabsgm View Post
    Hey guys,

I fish a lot of tendem rigs either in wisconsin or in Michigan. Usually I lead with a larger pattern like a stonefly, or egg sucking leech, then trail with a two foot droper; either an egg when fishing salmon or a smaller nymph when fishing trout. My question is this, are tandem rigs legal in Alaskan Waters? In minnesota they are not, when fishing migrating fish. I just want to be sure i don't break any rules.

Thanks
    Check the regs for the particular bodies of water and season you're interested in. Fly only and single hook waters would rule out tandem rigs. When multiple hooks are allowed, they should be fine. I've seen plenty of dries used as strike indicators in some lakes.