Thread: Posting pictures by URL reference??

Default Posting pictures by URL reference??

It used to be easy, just paste the URL into the box...

Then that stopped working, I found that if I manually typed the [img][/img] around the address then it worked...I mentioned that in a thread and very shortly there after that method stopped working too...now you get the blue box with a question mark like this....

Is there still a way to post pics via a reference to a image hosting site such as shutterfly? Or am I just going crazy?

thanks
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

It's still working for me via photobucket. I've never used shutterfly, but when I tried to click on the link that is embedded in your post above, it asked me to log in instead of showing me the picture. Perhaps some sort of privacy setting with shutterfly is the issue? I'm just throwing darts here, but it works with at least some services, so I can only assume that the issue is with shutterfly.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Hi I just tried to post this from photobucket and it shows up when I preview the post but when I submit it I get this

Quote Originally Posted by bmunsell View Post
    Hi I just tried to post this from photobucket and it shows up when I preview the post but when I submit it I get this

Hmm...that one has me stumped. I cut and pasted the same url and put in the img tags around it and it showed up just fine. I'll have to play with this one a bit.

And when I quoted you it worked just fine...strange. I'll look at your settings tomorrow and get back to you.

Default Trouble posting pics

I have been having trouble this summer posting pics using the [img] [/img] tags. When I try posting an image, only the link shows up. I also have troubles with my avatar. There is something wrong with my account I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[img]http://www.alaskaoutdoorsmen.com/pho...ulitnaking.jpg[/img]

Default try these steps

Quote Originally Posted by gutleap View Post
    I have been having trouble this summer posting pics using the [img] [/img] tags. When I try posting an image, only the link shows up. I also have troubles with my avatar. There is something wrong with my account I believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]http://www.alaskaoutdoorsmen.com/pho...ulitnaking.jpg[/IMG]

That is weird. I took your URL and copied it to my clipboard. Then in a response to your post I clicked on the little icon above for "Image", then I clicked on the URL tab and unchecked "Upload locally" and as you see above it does work. Maybe try the exact steps I outline in this paragraph and see if that works for you?

I have brought this up about a dozen times. The default checkbox for store images locally does not work. I never heard back on if there was a way to change it so that box is normally unchecked. If we can get it changed to normally unchecked then that the tool would at least work in the default configuration.

Thanks FamilyMan for the input. I tried it the way you said and it indeed does work. I guess that is the new way to post pics. Now if I can only get my avatar to size correctly. Here is the avatar that I would like to use: http://www.alaskaoutdoorsmen.com/pho...ges/avatar.jpg It is way below the maximum size that is allowed. When I upload it to this site, it resizes it to 38 X 50 at 1368 bytes. I have asked the moderators for help and was told they will contact the tech people, but have not heard back as of yet. Any help on this will be appreciated.