Thread: Deshka Silvers

Default Deshka Silvers

I know there are great spots in the Valley that are much cheaper to fish for silvers but the Deshka is a great spot to take my wife and her friends because we are all in the boat and life is easy. We did enjoy king fishing the Deshka this year with my 17' Alumaweld and 60HP prop.

A couple questions about the up coming silver season.

-Do people anchor up in there and fish it the same way for silvers? (spinners, spoons, eggs, bobbers, etc...)

- My boat, I had no issues running the river this June with my prop. Will the river have dropped much/changed by the 1st August.

- last question I could just check the regs on and will still, but isn't it a 3 fish limit in there?

thanks!

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

1. At the mouth, yes people still anchor up and throw vibrax and roe under bobbers. Upriver people usually park their boat (IN A SAFE PLACE hopefully) and fish from the bank.
    2. I fished it last year around that time and it was darn near action stage in the flood cycle...depends on the amount of rain we get this month. Based on current amounts, you better be careful running upriver very far.
    3. 3 per day, 6 in possession I believe. And all 3 may be cohos.

Have fun

I'm only wanting to make it to the mouth with my boat. I will still have to keep an eye on the water levels. I'll be on the forum asking people what its like before we run it again. My boat did great in June. Went 8 time and had a blast catching kings!

The water is pretty low but if your just trying to make it to the mouth you should be ok. I know VERY few silvers have been caught so far but it should pick up in a week or two. just be careful with that prop and you will be fine

The water was dropping pretty good by late June. I would expect it to make the channels more defined on the Big Su which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I imagine that as long as you don't cut the corner on the entrance to the Deshka that you will be fine. My depth finder had the Deshka channel at about 7-9 feet in late June and the main channel of the Sue at about 12-14 so even if dropped a few feet you should be able to take your time and get down there safely. My last few trips in lower water down there were actually better than the early ones since the Sue was easier to read.

Water should be rising, but its getting lower! The mtn runoff should be coming down, its raining and it still isnt up...
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee