Thread: combo charters seward

Default combo charters seward

Hi,
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate any advice. My family will be coming to visit mid August and we want to book a six-pack boat for halibut/salmon or Ling. Has anyone used Lesea charters, or can anyone recommend a good six-pack charter? We want to get the whole boat to ourselves and are primarily interested in Halibut but if there are other species available we want to take advantage. Thanks in advance for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to this forum and would appreciate any advice. My family will be coming to visit mid August and we want to book a six-pack boat for halibut/salmon or Ling. Has anyone used Lesea charters, or can anyone recommend a good six-pack charter? We want to get the whole boat to ourselves and are primarily interested in Halibut but if there are other species available we want to take advantage. Thanks in advance for any information.

I think I have been on that one (before he went on his own) as I think he used J-Dock and he and his daughter really tried to put us on the fish, but it was on of those days. I'm pretty sure he was running a Seasport back then, but could be wrong.

I have sent family members to Crackerjack when I couldn't take them out and they had a blast while catching lots of fish. A friend had a great time on the Fish House boat (Servant) last year on a halibut charter that turned combo because everyone had limits in short order. I have also heard some great things about Just in Time. Ten years ago I had a great time with Jim on the Swell Time when I caught (2) 100 pound plus fish in the morning, but I think he retired.....I also had a great day just a couple of years ago when my boat was in the shop on the Tia Rose as they went way the heck out east. There were a number of really nice fish that day but I kept catching sandwich sized butts......Some days you just can't win. I hope Lesea works out fine for you.

BTW, In August you can expect silvers, an occasional king, lings, halibut, and rockfish out of Seward.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I have never heard of that one. But I have sent family members to Crackerjack when I couldn't take them out and they had a blast while catching lots of fish. A friend had a great time on the Fish House boat (Servant) last year on a halibut charter that turned combo because everyone had limits in short order. I have also heard some great things about Just in Time. Ten years ago I had a great time with Jim on the Swell Time when I caught (2) 100 pound plus fish in the morning, but I think he retired.....I also had a great day just a couple of years ago when my boat was in the shop on the Tia Rose as they went way the heck out east. There were a number of really nice fish that day but I kept catching sandwich sized butts......Some days you just can't win. I hope Lesea works out fine for you.

BTW, In August you can expect silvers, an occasional king, lings, halibut, and rockfish out of Seward.
    I've been out with Crackerjack and Servant, both are top notch, know where the fish are, and work hard. I'd recommend either, probably getting pretty full at this point.....

I think I have gone out on Lesea before they were called that. It was a good day and they went through J-Dock. Perhaps I am wrong and my memory is failing me.

For a six-pack, we did well with Just-In-Time (his name is Justin....). I'm even a part of his sales pitch, with a nice 45-50lb king I caught with him. http://justintimecharters.com/

IMGP1584.jpg

Crackerjack is always a top outfit for sure, but may be booked. Also check with J Dock fishing and ask for John, I believe his boat is the Sea Adventure. Works hard to get you on fish as well.
    Tony

My wife & I went with Ninilchik Charters a few years ago out of Seward. I only know one of their guides (Al Henderson). Used him in Seward because we liked how he ran his boat when out of Deep Creek. Pretty much the only guide (that we liked) when fishing the ocean. Always requested him when we are ocean fishing. Might see if he has any openings.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    For a six-pack, we did well with Just-In-Time (his name is Justin....). I'm even a part of his sales pitch, with a nice 45-50lb king I caught with him. http://justintimecharters.com/

IMGP1584.jpg

Ill second Justin. Local guy. Born and raised in seward. Good boat. Funny ass guy and works hard to put you on fish. He will put you on silvers in august for sure.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Just in time is a great boat, born & reised here in Seward. Millers' Landing has 3 boats, owner was also raised in town, launches out of their homestaed on Lowell Point. Marv's Charter is a great guy as well. All of them work hard to see that you go home with a cooler full of fish. Go for a combo charter unless you want to just fish for salmon in the bay

Thanks to all that replied-Tried Justin time charters but he was booked up. I booked with Lesea Charters, I will post how it goes
    -JVD