Thread: Google

Default Google

I keep getting "waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net..." and the page doesn't finish loading. I happens about 1/2 the time I open a subforum. I can stop the loading but it is A PITA. Is this some kind of tracking being done by google on your site?
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    I keep getting "waiting for googleads.g.doubleclick.net..." and the page doesn't finish loading. I happens about 1/2 the time I open a subforum. I can stop the loading but it is A PITA. Is this some kind of tracking being done by google on your site?
    Google's ad server is probably busy/overloaded/problemed. This site loads adverts from the google web server.

Maybe there should be a request sent in to vBulletin for a new feature to cordon off (using HTML commands and structures) the google areas so the rest of the page can render properly without regard to how long google takes to deliver its content? Its quite technically possible; the person that designs the page has to want to accomplish that, is all there is to it.

It seems to have something to do with using Firefox. It doesn't happen in Explorer. It is not a busy/overload thing because it just hangs and never completely loads the Google adds in the sponsored links window after the stickies. I have talked to Icebear about it and they will look in to it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    It seems to have something to do with using Firefox. It doesn't happen in Explorer. It is not a busy/overload thing because it just hangs and never completely loads the Google adds in the sponsored links window after the stickies. I have talked to Icebear about it and they will look in to it more.
    Pam will likely get to the bottom of it.

I use firefox always, and don't see the problem (on old Windoze XP SP2).

More info for Pam
    In Firefox error console I get:
    Error: Permission denied for <http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net> to call method Location.toString
    Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...265#post973265.
    And a few hundred Warnings that I wont post, it would be to large.
    also I'm using AVG, Windows XP sp2 on a old laptop.

I have sent our tech guys an email and asked them to look at this thread and see what they can offer for help. I will keep on it, until someone can answer even if they don't come up with a solution.

Default 2 manic

With the new information provided (the exact error message), along with the fact that it appears to affect a total of one user, my best current guess is that its a personal firewall setting issue.

If so, the fix would be for that user to adjust firewall settings to allow content from that site.

A second fix is the first one I mentioned, an enhancement to vBulletin to "cordon off" (via HTML commands and structures, meaning all HTML table commands [and likely all others] must be ended before and rebegun after the google-specific section, and much much more possibly) the google areas of the page and allow the remainder of the page to render onscreen with or without any response from google.