Thread: Cabin rental issue today in legislature

Default Cabin rental issue today in legislature

Some of you may recall Rick's (anonymous1) post a while back about new regs/law that prevented him and others from legally renting out their private-property cabins to unguided big game hunters unless they were registered guide-outfitters or transporters:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ead.php?t=6839

I've been gone on the trail for a week and meant to post on this earlier, but Rick has put in an enormous effort over the past few months, and through his Kodiak representative (LeDoux), and with the approval of the Big Game Commercial Services Board, House Bill 165 came about and is on the docket to be heard at 1pm today in House Resources. HB 165 would again make it legal for private-property owners of cabins in the "field" to at least rent these cabins out to unguided big game hunters. The org I co-chair also sent in comments supporting this bill:
    http://alaskabackcountryhunters.org/...20comments.pdf

We all owe Rick a great deal of thanks for his tenacity and effort on this issue, in going through the political process (which worked in this case!) with his state Representative and the BGCSB to get this before the legislature. Others like Rod in Wasilla also were very helpful (thanks, Rod). We're hoping HB 165 is a "no-brainer" and will quickly move through committee and get passed, thereby benefitting all private property owners and hunters in future. Please support HB 165:
    http://www.legis.state.ak.us/PDF/25/Bills/HB0165A.PDF
    Thanks,

FYI- hb165 was unanimously passed May 5th. Looks like this part of the battle is over. Again, thanks for all the effort Rick, and everybody else that helped.

-Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Default Clarification

Rod,

It passed the House.

Now it has to pass the Senate.

I don't anticipate any trouble, but the bill ain't done yet.

I can't believe it had to come to this... sigh...

But a big "Thank You" to Rick for all his time, effort and work to bring this to a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    Rod,

It passed the House.

Now it has to pass the Senate.

I don't anticipate any trouble, but the bill ain't done yet.
    DOH! And there I'd gotten all good and excited. I forgot about the Senate... Anyway, it's movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Thumbs up Thank You

A big thanks and vote of appreciation to the efforts of Rick, Rod, Mark and others who have moved this problem through the system thus far.

Now is a good time for the rest of us to call our senators and make sure this bill comes to the floor for a vote and not put on a shelf somewhere and forgotten.

Guys, Thanks for your tenacity!

Bigmnt