Thread: ATV Winch

Question ATV Winch

I'm modifying my new ATV this summer and admittedly I don't know a whole lot about ATVs in general. I already posted a question about basket sets about a week ago but haven't had any responses. That's ok, maybe my initial question wasn't intriguing enough. Well, now I want to add a winch and I found a bargain deal on the same site I purchased my basket set from. Here's the winch I'm interested in buying. If I know little about ATVs I know nothing about winches for them. I know there are many experienced ATVers on this forum, so please spare some time and a little knowledge. It will be much appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't waste time or money with that winch. A winch is something you rely on to get your rig out of a hole and having one die in the field can leave you stranded. The standard is Warn winches and they are great. That said I have repeatedly heard fantastic reviews on Viper winches and I plan on installing one on my wife's quad. You can buy the from moto-alliance or off of eBay. The kit I plan on buying runs about $200.

Www.motoalliance.com

LuJon got it spot on. Go with Viper. I have both a Warn model and a Viper model on each of my bikes. I put them through hell and back and if there wasn't a sticker on each of them, I would never know which one was which. Motoalliance is top notch. Plus the viper winches come with everything you need, plus some. Snatch block, winch cover, rubber line stopper. You can get your specific winch mount there too and don't hesitate to call them if you have questions.

Thanks for the info guys. Where do you recommend I shop for Viper winches? Preferably, online and a place with customer reviews would be great. Thanks again.

The link in my first post has you covered.