Thread: Seward lingcod report

Default Seward lingcod report

Just curious about how the lingcod success has been out of Seward this year? Last year I did well going both right and left out of the bay, does one way or the other seem to be better (i know go to montague, but there is alot of ocean for my boat). It sounds like the salmon and halibut fishing are pretty hot right now, but really no reports on lings.

We had a harder time finding them this year than we did last, so I can only speculate that others may be in the same boat as us. Our usual spots out by Montague / LaTouche produced, but nothing like last year; we would pick up one or two and then need to move to continue catching.

We also fished the southern end of the sound the last couple days of June and caught plenty of Lings but had to let them go. Also lots of big black bass.
    BK

Only tried one day, but had no real problem finding a couple keepers. No monsters, but we kept 2 legal fish, then hooked/released a couple more of similar size while trying for rockfish. I didn't prospect for new spots after that.

I have a thread coming out on Lings tomorrow.... We did great! Will have pics included.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.